• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
9 9

4,948 posts in this topic

Thanks! The best part is that I'd bought it not knowing it was a double cover and when I went to scan it-yep, happy times!

And then a hand drawn sketch falls out from between the pages!

Sorry, that's my fantasy. :cloud9:

Thanks! The best part is that I'd bought it not knowing it was a double cover and when I went to scan it-yep, happy times!

And then a hand drawn sketch falls out from between the pages!

Sorry, that's my fantasy. :cloud9:

and then a map to a hidden vault with all the early years artwork for comics across the industry falls out with the combination on the back.

Come on, dream big :)

So let me ask something about double covers. When these are being produced, does that mean they get to the end of the production and they run out of covers before they run out of interiors being stapled to them? Just curious.

So let me ask something about double covers. When these are being produced, does that mean they get to the end of the production and they run out of covers before they run out of interiors being stapled to them? Just curious.

Similar to how hot dog buns aren't sold in the same quantities as the actual hot dogs? :grin:

No - it happens during production when the machine that pairs up the cover with the interior pages accidentally grabs two covers instead of just one.

So, I was bidding on the S/N Dave Sketchbook from his Estate on Da-Bay. Set a price in my head and stuck to it. Needless to say, I was outbid. :cry:

Oh well, back to the flea markets and garage sales. :)