• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom Lethal Protector Black Error Cover

95 posts in this topic

Story Time

Years ago when I was in college and this book came out a local store got one. The employee being young and naive promptly brought it to the store owners attention who took the book and sold it for around $100 at the time. Years later the employee now owns his own comic shop and still give him grief about it losing it.

I am betting this year that there will be several counterfeit copies surface this year because a website posted how to create one recently and we all know some individuals in our hobby.

I am betting this year that there will be several counterfeit copies surface this year because a website posted how to create one recently and we all know some individuals in our hobby.

I know of the website of which you speak of. That was really stupid of them doing that. doh!

Just wondering how much a 9.6 black error is worth .I hope I'm posting this in the right section, if this is the wrong section sorry.

If it's graded and you sold at auction you'd probably get between $600-$700.

I'm actually thinking about buying one, its always been one of the books that I wanted.

I know of the website of which you speak of. That was really stupid of them doing that. doh!

I hope your wrong about the counterfeit copies, but if people can make a profit then it will probably happen.

Just wondering how much a 9.6 black error is worth .I hope I'm posting this in the right section, if this is the wrong section sorry.

If it's graded and you sold at auction you'd probably get between $600-$700.

I'm actually thinking about buying one, its always been one of the books that I wanted.

Make sure it's CGC certified :baiting:

Hopefully they can spot a counterfeit like that.

Yeah they also featured making an Avengers variant as well. Why in the hell would you even tell people about those? There is no upside to it.(But, I am sure they will claim they are educating the public.)

Yeah they also did featured making an Avengers variant as well. Why in the hell would you even tell people about those? There is no upside to it.(But, I am sure they will claim they are educating the public.)

Um. Just because there are crooks who will use the information for ill gotten gains doesn't mean that information shouldn't be out there. In fact, it's the opposite. The info SHOULD be out there, so people know what to look for.

Yeah they also did featured making an Avengers variant as well. Why in the hell would you even tell people about those? There is no upside to it.(But, I am sure they will claim they are educating the public.)

Um. Just because there are crooks who will use the information for ill gotten gains doesn't mean that information shouldn't be out there. In fact, it's the opposite. The info SHOULD be out there, so people know what to look for.

The information has been out for a long time this isnt a new book. I just thought if he was going to use his venue to share information like that, the write up would have been a bit different that what is there. Its written like a how to book, but I see your point.