• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Comics Fiction House

20 posts in this topic

Sometimes you see a cover and you fall in love. This is one of them.

66545-11349-99542-1-ghost-comics_super.jpg

Anybody have some info or stories on them. I found out it's from 1951, from Fiction House and has a run of 11 issues. Issue 6 should be withouth the "Comics" in the title. I've seen the covers of all 11 comics. But that's it so far.

Anybody know some more about it or owning some of them. Any info, facts or fun bits welcome. (thumbs u

It's a late-run Fiction House title that was likely published to cash in on the trend toward horror comics in the early 1950s. Fiction House put out a bunch of horror and western themed comics around that time as they slowed production on their big six, popular during the 1940s.

The covers of Ghost Comics are by Maurice Whitman who is generally under-appreciated except on these boards.

I'll post my copy of # 2 before AS post his :o copy and a few scans from the book. I had other issues at one time but sold or traded them off.

Since it's late run FH, do not be surprised that the majority of the story content inside are actually reprints from earlier Rangers or Wings stories from the late '40's. FH kept a comprehensive archive of the art and recycled them in these books.

99815.jpg.a856982f2695565658a4d020b250a967.jpg

99816.jpg.230ae15bfce6eb854cd4060ad9a5cc74.jpg

99817.jpg.304623f6314451f02091d75f680dbe32.jpg

99818.jpg.364a25dd90249fdedce5e07ce124e5f1.jpg

99819.jpg.40fd57a6c240bb2e6f3b445e278b58ad.jpg

Issue 6 should be withouth the "Comics" in the title.

Ghost 6 does have 'Comics' in the title but in different font...a classic bondage cover with a popular 'red dress' theme:

Oeps! I must check again where I read this. I guess I missed something. Maybe it was stated the writing was different. Thanks though for letting me know.

and thanks to everybody for showing some of the stuff. Any other info always welcome

A word of caution -- Golden Age is addicting. You start with one, just to see what it's like maybe, and then that smell gets to you, and the completely ridiculous stories, and the Nazi-smashing monster-fighting hubba-hubba-headlights covers start haunting your dreams. Next thing you know, you're ruining your back lifting Gerber Guides, trolling the GA section of the sales boards, handing over multiple hundred dollar bills for books without a second thought, and wondering, "Do I really need that X-Men run?"

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Ghost covers are lots of fun!

Ghost1.jpg

I'll post my copy of # 2 before AS post his \:o copy and a few scans from the book.

:angel:

Ghost2.jpg

I vaguely remember your posting it. Wasn't on my list then but would buy it now. Sorry to hear it went for a song. I paid $25 for my ex - # 10 on the boards several years ago FWIW. I paid of course more for my # 2. It's too bad 'cuz it's a pretty book you had.

Here's one I posted f/s on the boards for a very reasonable price and no one bit.

I then sold it on ebay and it went for a song.

My general impression is the title is not popular, but maybe my timing was off.

Comparing your book to the others posted here, I'll suggest the equation

"Bigger girl on cover = more money"

Just a theory though. :-)

Here's one I posted f/s on the boards for a very reasonable price and no one bit.

I then sold it on ebay and it went for a song.

My general impression is the title is not popular, but maybe my timing was off.

Comparing your book to the others posted here, I'll suggest the equation

"Bigger girl on cover = more money"

Just a theory though. :-)

Except I put this up for sale at the same time and no bite.

On ebay it went for even less money than the #7- I mean a pittance :cry:

ghost9.jpg