• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'What Is Debs Saying About These Comics' GAME

24 posts in this topic

PLAY THE GAME HERE - This idea was inadvertently launched within another post. But I thought it had potential for a broader audience within it's own thread. Thus the creation of this one. Meet Ernest E. Debs, (just 'Debs' to his pals) served on the Los Angeles City Council from approx. 1949-1957. Judging by this forensic photo-evidence, comics were a major part of his life. Can you put words into his mouth? What do you think he is saying about the comic books in his hands? I'll begin by posting the ones from the previous thread to inspire you below. Any creative mind readers out there?

99836.jpg.81aed72e0904a987aedda91476fe2d07.jpg

Title: City councilman Ernest Debs holding horror comic books that were purchased in his district in Los Angeles, Calif., 1954

Publication: Los Angeles Daily News

[font:Arial Black]I think Ernest is nominating publications that would make for some sunny reading material for his district public library.[/font]

[font:Arial Black]"If only I had four extra hands so that I could hold more of these super-neato funny picture books. Golly gee willickers!"[/font]

Debs is saying...

[font:Arial Black]"Ahem!!! I started the day with 12 comic books, and these are the only ones I've got left. I know one of you guys took 'em. No one's leaving this room 'til I get all my comic books back. FESS UP!"[/font]

:/

[font:Arial Black]

Actually, I think Debs is speaking to another collector across the room! "Hey! I'll trade you all these for your Black Cat #50 and the one with the brains being pulled from the head!"
[/font]

PLAY THE GAME HERE - This idea was inadvertently launched within another post. But I thought it had potential for a broader audience within it's own thread. Thus the creation of this one. Meet Ernest E. Debs, (just 'Debs' to his pals) served on the Los Angeles City Council from approx. 1949-1957. Judging by this forensic photo-evidence, comics were a major part of his life. Can you put words into his mouth? What do you think he is saying about the comic books in his hands? I'll begin by posting the ones from the previous thread to inspire you below. Any creative mind readers out there?

"Egad....instead of fingernails, I have comic books sprouting from my cuticles!

Jane, call my personal manicurist/masseuse and set an appointment.....remind them that this is my "happy ending" session. God knows I can't do it myself right now!"

I read all of these books, and Dr. Wertham is right. I now want to kill everyone in this room.

I'll give you a 3 second head start to run.

1 ....

2 ....

:roflmao:

:applause:

[font:Century Gothic](TRUMPETS and FANFARE sounding amidst grand applause from the gawkers)[/font]

"Announcing his royal highness, The Grand Duke of Comics, the 1954 Pulitzer Prize Innovation Winner for his Self-Colon Tester, The 1953 Guinness Book Of Records Holder for both categories 'Baby-Kissing' and 'Most Secret Pockets in a Suit Jacket', plus he's the 1952 Whistle-Stopper with the most Lucrative off-the-books 'Political Contributions Received from Right Wing Lobbyists and Large Corporations with hidden agendas' in the smallest-giant office in California...

...plus his credentials keep going...

..House Speaker of The Clogged Latrine, and the #1 Politician who has perused more bawdy smut on behalf of his loyal electorate for their own good than any other, and last but not least, estranged bedfellow of J. Edgar Hoover, and current 1954 Sock-Garter Garment Model to none other than Senator Joseph Raymond McCarthy himself...

...the one, the only who puts the brown in Brown Noser...

... Sir Ernest Debs!" :eek:

99970.jpg.e3578a06a35f7cef9a9ec402641ea7f2.jpg

Debs says:

[font:Arial Black]"Instead of being seduced and exposed to HORROR & CRIME comic books like these, that will turn ordinary children into Serial Killers, I'd recommend that we, as adults, teach by example and instruct our youngsters to smoke cigarettes and drink liquor as we do, so they may mature into healthy and happy citizens like the rest of us."[/font]