• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics will have the biggest price moves in the new OSPG?

35 posts in this topic

I'm curious what you guys think.

Which books will have the biggest prices moves, either up or down, in the new guide? Chime in with your predictions on percentage or absolute moves.

For GA, I'm not really an expert to say (not that I'm actually an expert in much of ANYTHING lol ), however, I think we'll probably see a continued rise in the pre-Robin TEC market. It just seems like I hear the big GA collectors talking about how even the low grade books continue to defy the OS and FMV expectations. Combined with the recent $1 million + sale of TEC 27, and I think you have a recipe for continued progression in values. And by all means, I'd apply the same paradigm to early Action Comics issues as well.

For Silver Age, the biggest one that comes to mind is SC 22 as it is a pretty obvious choice. Before the bust, a lower GD range copy could be had for guide or slightly less. Now, it's what? 2-3x guide? Like all jumps in OS values, I still believe it will be conservative upward movement, but upward nonetheless. Additionally, I think JIM 83 is going to see a bit of a bump due to movie hype as well. Lastly, I'd say the darkhorse key--ASM 1--ought to see a jump as well. FMV now is showing this book has legs in the $1k range at the 1.0 grade (providing we're talking 1.0 universal graded). While some are naysaying this as a not being a top tier SA Marvel key (on par w/ FF1, Hulk 1, ToS 39, etc), I think the body of buyers and sellers would say otherwise. Lastly, I'd also say we'll continued movement on ToS 39 due in no small part to another strong showing in the movies as it continues to cement a positive fanbase for Iron Man.

On Bronze & Copper Age, I think we'll probably see greatest potential in the 1980s stuff--particularly the non-mainstream grail, TMNT #1. I think the BA keys will continue to see improved valuation particularly those with association to upcoming movies--though I have to say I was expecting more out of IM 282 and ToS 79 (?).

And I have no idea about moderns. :grin:

But I am neither an expert collector or BSD so take all of that with a grain of salt. ;)

For GA, I'm not really an expert to say (not that I'm actually an expert in much of ANYTHING lol ), however, I think we'll probably see a continued rise in the pre-Robin TEC market. It just seems like I hear the big GA collectors talking about how even the low grade books continue to defy the OS and FMV expectations. Combined with the recent $1 million + sale of TEC 27, and I think you have a recipe for continued progression in values. And by all means, I'd apply the same paradigm to early Action Comics issues as well.

For Silver Age, the biggest one that comes to mind is SC 22 as it is a pretty obvious choice. Before the bust, a lower GD range copy could be had for guide or slightly less. Now, it's what? 2-3x guide? Like all jumps in OS values, I still believe it will be conservative upward movement, but upward nonetheless. Additionally, I think JIM 83 is going to see a bit of a bump due to movie hype as well. Lastly, I'd say the darkhorse key--ASM 1--ought to see a jump as well. FMV now is showing this book has legs in the $1k range at the 1.0 grade (providing we're talking 1.0 universal graded). While some are naysaying this as a not being a top tier SA Marvel key (on par w/ FF1, Hulk 1, ToS 39, etc), I think the body of buyers and sellers would say otherwise. Lastly, I'd also say we'll continued movement on ToS 39 due in no small part to another strong showing in the movies as it continues to cement a positive fanbase for Iron Man.

On Bronze & Copper Age, I think we'll probably see greatest potential in the 1980s stuff--particularly the non-mainstream grail, TMNT #1. I think the BA keys will continue to see improved valuation particularly those with association to upcoming movies--though I have to say I was expecting more out of IM 282 and ToS 79 (?).

And I have no idea about moderns. :grin:

But I am neither an expert collector or BSD so take all of that with a grain of salt. ;)

Mac Man good post... I agree on the Silverage books you mentioned

USA comics # 11 :wishluck:

A little self-interest there? lol

Just kidding--I own an ASM 1 and TMNT 1 and shocker of shockers I mentioned them in my earlier post! ;)

Pimping your own books? You're getting to be more like a BSD every day! :baiting:

(Speaking of which, I have it on good authority that the whole Weird Comics line is going to double in price this go-around. Get in on them while you can.) :banana:

USA comics # 11 :wishluck:

A little self-interest there? lol

Just kidding--I own an ASM 1 and TMNT 1 and shocker of shockers I mentioned them in my earlier post! ;)

Pimping your own books? You're getting to be more like a BSD every day! :baiting:

(Speaking of which, I have it on good authority that the whole Weird Comics line is going to double in price this go-around. Get in on them while you can.) :banana:

Only if I were trying to sell them-- those babies are getting willed away ;)

Hopefully, GL 76 will receive another decent bump to get it more in line with market (although, to be honest, I don't have last years guide so I don't know what it was at in there. It did get a sizable bump a few years back that was pretty strong for OS).