• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOL he's at it again

56 posts in this topic

I was browsing Ebay and I happen to see this Frankenmonster . Looks like he went to the Danny Dupcak school

The book looks overgraded and the dude has some serious issues given his board meltdown but what about that book looks restored to you? Comparing him to DD and calling it a frankenbook, which alludes to restoration, is a big stretch.

He takes the pics that way to hide the defects. Just like DD does.

I was browsing Ebay and I happen to see this Frankenmonster . Looks like he went to the Danny Dupcak school

The book looks overgraded and the dude has some serious issues given his board meltdown but what about that book looks restored to you? Comparing him to DD and calling it a frankenbook, which alludes to restoration, is a big stretch.

so, straight on, decent size pics (back covers too) are just like DD weird flat angled almost eye level pics?... gotta call you out on this one, regardless of whose auctions they are, pics are actually better than most that list on ebay...

so, straight on, decent size pics (back covers too) are just like DD weird flat angled almost eye level pics?... gotta call you out on this one, regardless of whose auctions they are, pics are actually better than most that list on ebay...

GAtor has spoken. (worship)

I agree - his scans are fine. A shame his grading skills & personality aren't.

I don't think anyone has a problem bashing an ebay seller for grading if they disagree, it is their opinion and their right and I would support 8milemax all day long if he feels the need to do it... (thumbs u

... but I looked at his scans and actually wished that more sellers would shoot them straight on, and upload at a decent size... I would almost say it is exactly opposite of how robojo lists scans, and that there is nothing wrong with them...

slam folks if they deserve it, but call a rose a rose and a pile of poo a pile of poo (thumbs u

GAtor has spoken. (worship)

now let's not start this again lol

I am defending a principle here... call it as you see it, but call it fairly (thumbs u

For a book being offered on Ebay. The grade really isn't all that bad. I could see this getting a 7.0/7.5 IMHO. It may even be a bit better in hand. Who knows??

Buy it let's find out :popcorn:

I actually wouldn't mind it getting it for 20 bucks. It's nicer than the copy I own(subscription crease).

:screwy:

:sumo:

:slapfight: I will trade my 9.0 copy for your Bats 3 Larry :idea:

:roflmao:

:foryou:

I think his pics are fine, I thought his grading was okay too, I just think he has a screw loose are far as ethics and morals go. Telling me he was going to do my mom and wife like they'd never been done before was a bit much to say the least lol

I'd love this book if I got it as a 7.0 or a 7.5. I wouldn't be disappointed getting it as an 8.0.

I'd say that this is a better looking "8.0" than the average "8.0" I see people (even large dealers) selling.

Would it shock anyone to see this listed as an 8.0 by Metropolis?

It's a bit of a stretch at 8.0 with those edge creases as well as the spine wear and reading crease. He's not far off but I wouldn't call it an 8.0 myself.

+1.

I'd say it was a 7.0-7.5.

I'd love this book if I got it as a 7.0 or a 7.5. I wouldn't be disappointed getting it as an 8.0.

I'd say that this is a better looking "8.0" than the average "8.0" I see people (even large dealers) selling.

Would it shock anyone to see this listed as an 8.0 by Metropolis?

It's a bit of a stretch at 8.0 with those edge creases as well as the spine wear and reading crease. He's not far off but I wouldn't call it an 8.0 myself.

+1.

I'd say it was a 7.0-7.5.

No. Which is why I don't buy from them. That doesn't mean it's not overgraded, which it seems to be.

The book looks overgraded and the dude has some serious issues given his board meltdown but what about that book looks restored to you? Comparing him to DD and calling it a frankenbook, which eludes to restoration, is a big stretch.

vizzini.jpg

Yes yes, allude vs. elude... my bad doh!

This is one of the funnier exchanges I've seen in a long time - congrats RMA :thumbsup:

Love the Princess Bride :cloud9:

Key word spamming at its finest. I usually do a search like "Iron Man CGC" and then I see all these krappy raw books from his auction litter the search summary. :sumo:

then report the auctions for keyword spamming :sumo:

I don't think anyone has a problem bashing an ebay seller for grading if they disagree, it is their opinion and their right and I would support 8milemax all day long if he feels the need to do it... (thumbs u

... but I looked at his scans and actually wished that more sellers would shoot them straight on, and upload at a decent size... I would almost say it is exactly opposite of how robojo lists scans, and that there is nothing wrong with them...

slam folks if they deserve it, but call a rose a rose and a pile of poo a pile of poo (thumbs u

(thumbs u