• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics # 27 cgc 4.0 Blue 320k on Comic connect.

99 posts in this topic

too much profit for me to turn down...wish I was 1koko's much younger brother lol

Too much profit for me too.

The younger brother retired when he was 29.

I'm the failure in the family.

Please. If I were in your family they would've disowned me years ago. You're hardly a failure :foryou:

Steve and Vinny are out of their minds to charge $320k on a VG 4.0, SERIOUSLY!

Like the rest of their books, they want 10x guide for everything, CGCed or not!

SERIOUSLY?

To be fair to Steve and Vinny they didn't determine the price I did as its my book.

I think the price is justified.

Couple of 2010 price points worth pointing out put the price into perspective:

6.0 Tec #27 selling for $575k (5.5x OS 39 guide) and an Action #1 3.0 selling for $300k (4.5x OS guide assuming straight line appreciation between 2.0 and 4.0 guides which would overstates guide value of 3.0).

and of course you can't forget the 8.0s going for $1MM+.

I'm also pretty sure that the sale of the Tec #27 7.5 will also reinforce the pricing of these books in the current market.

Guide is irrelevant. 4.3x Overstreet #39 (where prices were determined prior to the breakout in market price following the $1MM sales) is hardly unreasonable.

Anyways we will see if the market agrees with me by whether the book sells or not.

well said and besides even if it was metro's price you can't blame a seller for what they price something at; its their business. Yes even Mile High Comics' prices :) No one is forced to pay them.

All the seller owes you is good customer service and full and honest disclosure. The price is up to you to take or leave or negotiate.

In this particular case I can't blame george one bit and were it my book it would be priced the same given the other sales going on in the marketplace.

SERIOUSLY?

To be fair to Steve and Vinny they didn't determine the price I did as its my book.

6.0 Tec #27 selling for $575k (5.5x OS 39 guide) and an Action #1 3.0 selling for $300k (4.5x OS guide assuming straight line appreciation between 2.0 and 4.0 guides which would overstates guide value of 3.0).

I'm also pretty sure that the sale of the Tec #27 7.5 will also reinforce the pricing of these books in the current market.

Guide is irrelevant. 4.3x Overstreet #39 (where prices were determined prior to the breakout in market price following the $1MM sales) is hardly unreasonable.

Anyways we will see if the market agrees with me by whether the book sells or not.

well said and besides even if it was metro's price you can't blame a seller for what they price something at; its their business. Yes even Mile High Comics' prices :) No one is forced to pay them.

All the seller owes you is good customer service and full and honest disclosure. The price is up to you to take or leave or negotiate.

In this particular case I can't blame george one bit and were it my book it would be priced the same given the other sales going on in the marketplace.

(thumbs u

SERIOUSLY?

(thumbs u

yEA, I agree with George as well.. Just sucks for me that this book is now officially way out of my price range unless of course a miracle happens :wishluck:

SERIOUSLY?

(thumbs u

yEA, I agree with George as well.. Just sucks for me that this book is now officially way out of my price range unless of course a miracle happens :wishluck:

out of my price range too...maybe ciorac will buy me a copy for my birthday :wishluck:

I need to start buying lotto tix...

I wouldn't even worry about it.

You own an amazing copy of Batman #1. :cloud9:

Detective #27 might be out of your price-range at this point; but Batman #1 is out of most people's price-ranges.

A Detective #27 would be amazing; but your latest acquisition is still amazing nevertheless.

SERIOUSLY?

(thumbs u

Just ease down and go PLOD - that'll pave the way for you (thumbs u

SERIOUSLY?

Hey George! :hi:

:hi:

Going to SD this year?

It will be my first time.

Yes sir!

We need to meet up for lunch. Maybe we will let Rick come...maybe

Y

SERIOUSLY?

Going to SD this year?

Yes sir!

:censored:

I have noticed that extensive restored GA books (as for instance T27 books) are considered attractive as 'collectors items'.

But among SA collectors even slight to moderately restored books are still frowned upon by the SA collectors

Is there:

(i) any deeper logic behind this

or

(ii) is it just the way it is? (shrug)

discuss ...

Y

SERIOUSLY?

Going to SD this year?

Yes sir!

:censored:

Please invite Rick. I can man the booth and help myself to some goodies :devil:

I have noticed that extensive restored GA books (as for instance T27 books) are considered attractive as 'collectors items'.

But among SA collectors even slight to moderately restored books are still frowned upon by the SA collectors

Is there:

(i) any deeper logic behind this

or

(ii) is it just the way it is? (shrug)

discuss ...

I am not sure how "attractive" since extensive ones generally fetch a much smaller percentage price of their non-restored counterparts, but I do see a bit more forgiveness about restored books.

I think one of the reasons could be that before the days of PLODs, restoration was not very much frowned upon, and sometimes encouraged as a method of preserving a book and lengthening its life. When we paid several hundred dollars to restore a Military #1 and Detective #28, we did not expect to devalue the books. However, most SA books were not as valuable or as in need of preservation at that time. There was no reason to do extensive professional restoration on your Spider-Man #4 because for the cost of restoration you could relatively easily find and buy a better copy. As a result, I assume a much greater percentage of GA books are restored compared to the number of books available.

Yep. SA books are much more common, so restoration is really frowned upon. But, for the bigger keys like AF 15, Spidey and FF 1, Showcase 4 etc. I would take a restored copy at the right price.

Hey 1koko!

I'm glad you told me it was your book you consigned.

At first I thought 320k was pushin it on a low to mid grade copy, but realizing that the extra 20k added on top of 300k would justify to cover their commission.

I was thinking 250 to 275k. again, just my opinion.

Good luck and I hope you get it :-)