• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROBO - still going strong

368 posts in this topic

Books should be in in about a week. For those who find this information helpful I will post Robo's grades and CGC grades once they are in!

Cheers

:popcorn:

:popcorn:

should prove insightful :popcorn:

Nice bostonbeer,can't wait :popcorn:

Pass some popcorn please :popcorn:

Can't wait!

Me either. Im hoping for all the books to come back uber high grades, bostonbeer to be a DD shill and have a full on meltdown. :wishluck: But i would probably miss it anyways :cry:

Yeah that was me Oakman! you already know how I feel about you so no need to go into that.

Like I really give a :blahblah:

You obviously do since you are taking time to post about it!!!!

But that is here nor there! Lets just keep this about the hobby and information!

I am always leery of anyone who uses multiple exclamation points.

It's like that guy who needs to prove how ultra serious he is...

Yeah that was me Oakman! you already know how I feel about you so no need to go into that.

Like I really give a :blahblah:

You obviously do since you are taking time to post about it!!!!

But that is here nor there! Lets just keep this about the hobby and information!

I am always leery of anyone who uses multiple exclamation points.

It's like that guy who needs to prove how ultra serious he is...

Well, let's not run the fellow off until the posts the grades of his books. If they're ultra-HG blue labels, then we can start casting 'shill' aspersions about. :)

So let me get this straight...bostonbeer shows up on the boards on June 11 2010

immediately defends his purchases and proclaims wait for the CGC grades ?

We have either one of two things, a naive purchaser or a complete set-up that will allow a public record to be created on these boards that a buyer did indeed receive blue label high grade material from DD and therefore should ignore the warnings of others.

I'm leaning hard towards the second scenario.

This "test" is silly in the face of the extensive prior track record. Lots of books have already been purchased from Robojo, submitted to CGC, and been returned as either restored or woefully overgraded by seller, and there are lots of examples of purchased books looking distinctly less good than they appeared in their (doctored) scans.

I'd like to ask Bostonbeer what further information he intends to add to this exhaustive existing public record?

This "test" is silly in the face of the extensive prior track record. Lots of books have already been purchased from Robojo, submitted to CGC, and been returned as either restored or woefully overgraded by seller, and there are lots of examples of purchased books looking distinctly less good than they appeared in their (doctored) scans.

I'd like to ask Bostonbeer what further information he intends to add to this exhaustive existing public record?

I am interested in what he was smoking..... pass the crack pipe :tonofbricks:

The whole reason I posted on the boards was to share my experience as you all have done in the past. I had purchased from this buyer before I had done any research on his "background". The submission of these books is to give myself some peace of mind so I can know if they are resto or overgraded or not. Because if I dont submit them and leave them in their sleeves then I will never know if I got ripped off or not. You all can sit here and tell me I got ripped off all you want....but it is one of those things that I have to know for sure!

For those who think I am a shill account.....my ebay name is ausintipps and you can feel free to check me out.

I do not feel welcome on these boards and thought I could find a place to share some information and also learn a thing or two. But instead I get attacked as if I am on trial or something. I understand all the paranoia but I do not know what else I can do to prove to everyone I am just like you and am here to help.

With that being said, In the past month after reading all the posts from all of you, I realize that majority of you think I am some insufficiently_thoughtful_person with nothing to offer and that I am a shill wanting to help the cause of Robo. So I have decided to keep my submission findings off the boards and will not be posting them.

Sorry for any commotion I may have caused and I will leave you guys to whatever you were doing before I got here!

Cheers

before I go, could you please point me in the direction of some of these examples. Are there pictures of the books before they went to CGC and after they went to CGC showing the resto or over grading? I would like to take a look at these if you know were I can find them?

That was the information I was going to share with everyone. So if you can help me out and show me this "exhaustive public record" with true hardcore evidence i.e. pictures and scans of the books before and after submission.

Cheers

With that being said, In the past month after reading all the posts from all of you, I realize that majority of you think I am some insufficiently_thoughtful_person with nothing to offer and that I am a shill wanting to help the cause of Robo. So I have decided to keep my submission findings off the boards and will not be posting them.

Sorry for any commotion I may have caused and I will leave you guys to whatever you were doing before I got here!

Cheers

Stick around. You made a lot of people pass the popcorn. Nothing to lose. (shrug)

Yeah welcome to the boards! Thanks for the heads up that Robojo might be legit........I have always wanted to buy from him to build my high grade silver age collection...........I really wish you would stick around and post the results!!!!!!!

Cheers

Stick around. You made a lot of people pass the popcorn. Nothing to lose. (shrug)

At least stick around until you get the books back. I can only tolerate a few posters on here, that doesnt stop me from posting.

You should go on over to the Water Cooler, we're a big happy family over there. :tonofbricks:

Cheers

At least stick around until you get the books back. I can only tolerate a few posters on here, that doesnt stop me from posting.

You should go on over to the Water Cooler, we're a big happy family over there. :tonofbricks:

Well now hold on....we don't want just anybody joining us over there. :gossip:

before I go, could you please point me in the direction of some of these examples. Are there pictures of the books before they went to CGC and after they went to CGC showing the resto or over grading? I would like to take a look at these if you know were I can find them?

Most of those examples are in the same place yours are going to be in a few weeks--buried within the search function of these boards. A few are centralized on a part of a board member's web site at http://www.justafanboy.com/ComicKeys/ .

The whole reason I posted on the boards was to share my experience as you all have done in the past. I had purchased from this buyer before I had done any research on his "background". The submission of these books is to give myself some peace of mind so I can know if they are resto or overgraded or not. Because if I dont submit them and leave them in their sleeves then I will never know if I got ripped off or not. You all can sit here and tell me I got ripped off all you want....but it is one of those things that I have to know for sure!

For those who think I am a shill account.....my ebay name is ausintipps and you can feel free to check me out.

I do not feel welcome on these boards and thought I could find a place to share some information and also learn a thing or two. But instead I get attacked as if I am on trial or something. I understand all the paranoia but I do not know what else I can do to prove to everyone I am just like you and am here to help.

Cheers

I caught a lot of static when I first started posting regularly here. My account had been inactive for a few years after my first handful of posts in 2005 were nothing short of forum meltdown and utter drama. I actually left the hobby for a while and then I started picking up comics again last year and suddenly here I was every day.

I've had some good conversations and have learned a lot here. But nearly every message board community is leery of new posters. I am also interested in finding out the results of seller's grade vs. CGC's grade.

If you can't take a little ball busting then you are way too fragile to be on these boards anyways.... I mean come on, you just got here and need to get over the hump.... So relax, sit back and do your thing. No need to run off like a putty cat.. " I don't feel welcome" blah blah blah... man up"

nearly every message board community is leery of new posters.

Most of it has to do with the new posters sharing information or asking for information that's already been posted many times before, but since they're new, they don't know that. When it gets pointed out to the average new poster that the answer to their question or the information they're trying to share isn't new and can be found earlier on the board, they almost NEVER react well to it, even if it's pointed out to them politely. Frequently it's pointed out to them rudely, in which case the drama is understandable. However the initial interaction goes, the new poster almost always expects everyone else to train them on the search function--which on most message boards isn't much more complicated than a Google search--or they simply refuse to use it entirely.

This a global phenomenon for new users on any message board about any topic. :blush:

The board is full of personalities, some you will get along with and others you won't.

In general, the board is not leery of and welcomes new posters. It is when a new

poster comes on and hits the ground running on a hot button topic that the shill

alarms go off. When I first joined, I was accused of being a shill for JC or Bug, but

since I had been a lurker for many years, I expected it and kinda welcomed it. If

you are not a shill then stick around and enjoy what the board has to offer. :)

Cheers

doh!

Get down off that cross before you fall and hurt yourself!

The reason people are leery is because ROBO/Danny has been on here with an infinite number of shills over the years. It'll take some time for people to determine you aren't one.