• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Public Service Announcement!!

172 posts in this topic

Is there any chance that one of these books will sell for that much here on the boards?

No chance. So whats so wrong with me pointing it out.

Because it's a dickmove... and yes, there's always a chance. It's better to be thought a dickmover than to open your mouth and... wait, this isn't going to come out right.

Is there any chance that one of these books will sell for that much here on the boards?

(shrug)

Maybe a more tactful approach:

"What's GPA on Walking Dead #1?"

"Does Walking Dead #1 really move at $500 per ?"

Might have been a better approach :makepoint:

Because it's a dickmove... and yes, there's always a chance. It's better to be thought a dickmover than to open your mouth and... wait, this isn't going to come out right.

That was quite the path you had to forge just to try and make it seem off the cuff. :baiting:

I think he is just saying that while the asking price may be inline with GPA and the book may get GPA prices in the open market, here books tend to sell for less than GPA. My books do anyway.

Depends on the buyer, the seller and the books.

That was quite the path you had to forge just to try and make it seem off the cuff. :baiting:

Don't you have some sick obsession with Jeffro to foster? hm

Don't you have some sick obsession with Jeffro to foster? hm

I'm an equal opportunity troller. :acclaim:

You've been on the boards for over 4 years now and the sad part is that there are posters that only registered last month that use more common sense than you.

Seems like very bad form to be criticizing someone's sales thread. Unless there's something shady going on, which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Ditto. Gotta say Ken, not a very bright move.

You've been on the boards for over 4 years now and the sad part is that there are posters that only registered last month that use more common sense than you.

A Belgian strikes. How many times can we say that in history? :popcorn:

Walking Dead #1's will not sell on these boards for 500 bucks.

Again Walking Dead #1's will not sell on these boards for 500 bucks.

(this message is not directed at any one individual)

I personally don't think this announcement was a public service and I don't think it needs to be made. I know as a dealer I would pay $400.00 for a super sweet copy, so it is not inconceivable that a collector would pay $500.00 for it.

And even if they don't, there are 100s of books offered on this board every day that won't sell for their asking prices. Why pick this out?

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

apparently my limit is 5. hm

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

lol

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

that in history.

You're doomed to repeat history. :makepoint: