• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pretty books for 2/23 & 2/24

31 posts in this topic

TTA #57, one of my all time fav covers.

Nice

so let me see.. you paid 12 cents for it.......I tell you what.

I will triple what you paid and give you 46 cents for it.

Aww hell.. an even fitty cent.

Deal?

That's my favorite TOS. First X-Men crossover (same date as X-Men #3). It's also the first Avengers crossover (w/o Captain America), 2nd appearance of The Watcher and 2nd appearance of Iron Man's new armor. thumbsup2.gif

Beautiful books, burnt !! Any word on the 'pedigree status' front? These are two more awesome examples. My copy of TTA 57 has a nice moustache drawn on Giant-Man and some extra webbing on Spidey - my dad got it for $1 somewhere and brought it home in 1975...at the time, I think it was the first 12-cent Marvel in my collection, and I've still got it. But yours is a tad better, condition-wise insane.gif

Very impressive indeed! The PQ on those beauties seems excellent too. I wonder if you kept your collection in monitored, climate - controlled conditions from the beginning - an unusual thing to do back in the days before custom made bags, boards and boxes became the norm.

Very impressive indeed! The PQ on those beauties seems excellent too. I wonder if you kept your collection in monitored, climate - controlled conditions from the beginning - an unusual thing to do back in the days before custom made bags, boards and boxes became the norm.

nope - i stored them standing up bare-naked in dresser drawers for years (10?), then into poly bags for about 10 and then the last 20 in mylar and boards. just been lucky as the page quality is almost always graded no worse than off-white. smile.gif

Burnt, why don't you call Steve B. and ask him about the pedigree possibility? Tell him your story and see what he says. If it were put to a vote, I'd vote yes, given the number of your books, the overall condition and quality of them, the number of keys included in the run, and the fact that you can trace each of them back to the newsstand. 1-877-NM-COMIC. The call is even toll free.

Beautiful books, burnt !! Any word on the 'pedigree status' front? These are two more awesome examples. My copy of TTA 57 has a nice moustache drawn on Giant-Man and some extra webbing on Spidey - my dad got it for $1 somewhere and brought it home in 1975...at the time, I think it was the first 12-cent Marvel in my collection, and I've still got it. But yours is a tad better, condition-wise insane.gif

Burnt, why don't you call Steve B. and ask him about the pedigree possibility? Tell him your story and see what he says. If it were put to a vote, I'd vote yes, given the number of your books, the overall condition and quality of them, the number of keys included in the run, and the fact that you can trace each of them back to the newsstand. 1-877-NM-COMIC. The call is even toll free.

i know they're pretty nice and numerous and there are tons of keys included, but somehow i don't think the quality is in the Pedigree range. maybe i'll give it a go after the results of my next two big submissions. i'm quite pleased that they have attracted lots of nice comments and offers for a kings ransom, but we'll just wait and see what the pro's think of the next 70 marvels. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Great books, Burnt. Keep posting. I know I certainly consider them a pedigree, and you were even intelligent enough not to write your name on the covers! thumbsup2.gif

I am envious,.....I think it's great to have held onto them from the beginning. Not many people can say they own a 40+ year old slabbed book that they bought off the newstands! 893applaud-thumb.gif

well i got the results on these 2 books from CGC today (will have them in my posession in a few days). the TOS 49 got a 9.0 and the TTA 57 got a 9.4!!! grin.gif

overall my 60 originally purchased books (did i ever say how much i like saying that??) came back with an average grade of 8.0..........

the stars of this submission were FF#11 in 9.4, 15 in 9.2 and 25 in 9.2. x-men #3 got a 9.4. ASM's 13 and 15 got 9.0's. and my JIM 88 got a 9.2 acclaim.gif

Great going. thumbsup2.gif

I wasn't really surpirsed on the TOS #49, but the TTA #57 looked like it had just a touch too much wear at the top to get a 9.4. Still, the spine is perfect which says a lot.

Now, when are they available for sale? smile.gif