• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Just got a small stack from Val.....nice copies from the "goofy" Batman period. I always liked these when I was a kid......GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BATMAN108.jpg

]BATMAN134.jpg

BATMAN140.jpg

Don't buy a lot of SA books, but I did come across this very nice VG (with centerfold poster intact) copy at a LCS. Found it in the bin with a $10 price tag. Immediately grabbed it as I wasn't sure if the seller know what he had. Pages are OW/W, staples firmly attached. Was really excited to find it.

bats181.jpg

Don't buy a lot of SA books, but I did come across this very nice VG (with centerfold poster intact) copy at a LCS. Found it in the bin with a $10 price tag. Immediately grabbed it as I wasn't sure if the seller know what he had. Pages are OW/W, staples firmly attached. Was really excited to find it.

bats181.jpg

Score! (thumbs u I never tire of showing off my Mexican silver age bats....

Mexican-Batsfrontweb.jpg

Mexican-Batsbackweb.jpg

MexicanBats2frontweb.jpg

Admittedly, I have very little interest in SA Bats, but I happened come across these two reader copies yesterday a LCS. The were only a $3 a piece.

bats_23Feb13.jpg

Edited by Brian48

Admittedly, I have very little interest in SA Bats, but I happened come across these two reader copies yesterday a LCS. The were only a $3 a piece.

bats_23Feb13.jpg

That's a great price for reading copies. In fact, it's a steal. When I attend shows in my neck of the woods dealers sell reading copies of DC Giants at 20 bucks or more, which IMHO is a ripoff. Heck, I can buy a book for less than that. Anyway those annuals should give you hours of reading entertainment. Nice pickup.

SLR

Here's the elusive in grade copy of Detective Comics 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter. Recently slabbed but purchased well-nigh 20 years ago:

Detective230-1.jpg

Now that is a super tough book in grade! :headbang:

A check of CGC shows there is only 1 copy graded higher, and only by 1/2 point. :applause::applause:

Here's the elusive in grade copy of Detective Comics 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter. Recently slabbed but purchased well-nigh 20 years ago:

Detective230-1.jpg

:takeit:

Great....and I mean, GREAT book ! :cloud9:

Detective230-1.jpg

:takeit:

Great....and I mean, GREAT book ! :cloud9:

Agreed. One of my favorite DC books. Some spine wear which cannot be seen in the scan kept it out of the higher grades though my friend Erik (EJR) who saw the book raw many times thought it should've gotten an 8.5. Anyway thanks for your nice comment!

SLR