• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

This is one of my favorites from this era.

3085866702_409361197a_o.jpg

This is book is a monster now!

Why do you say now? Has something happened to make Betty Kane really popular suddenly?

???

Edited by Hepcat

Here's the elusive in grade copy of Detective Comics 230, the first appearance of the Mad Hatter. Recently slabbed but purchased well-nigh 20 years ago:

Detective230-1.jpg

Wow! 1956! Just wow!

(worship)

Just back from CGC. Used my Collector's Society Coupon for this book and three others:

DetectiveComics314.jpg

Here's the second of four books I got back yesterday from CGC:

DetectiveComics302-1.jpg

And here's the third Detective Comics I just got back from CGC:

DetectiveComics305.jpg

I love those comics, but why are you suddenly encasing them in plastic? Have you grown tired of them?

???

Just back from CGC. Used my Collector's Society Coupon for this book and three others:

DetectiveComics314.jpg

DetectiveComics302-1.jpg

DetectiveComics305.jpg

I love those comics, but why are you suddenly encasing them in plastic? Have you grown tired of them?

???

I will hit the "Big 60" on June 2nd. If something were to happen to me, I would want my heirs, especially my wife, daughter, and granddaughter to either enjoy the books or sell them without having to incur slabbing costs which is very expensive. I did read these books (very carefully) before slabbing and enjoyed the story and art. I still feel young and I am in relatively good health but you never can predict the future. Anyway, that's why I slab. BTW, you have some of the best books on these boards and I love when you post them. Keep scanning!

SLR

DetectiveComics314.jpg

DetectiveComics302-1.jpg

DetectiveComics305.jpg

???

I will hit the "Big 60" on June 2nd. If something were to happen to me, I would want my heirs, especially my wife, daughter, and granddaughter to either enjoy the books or sell them without having to incur slabbing costs which is very expensive. I did read these books (very carefully) before slabbing and enjoyed the story and art. I still feel young and I am in relatively good health but you never can predict the future. Anyway, that's why I slab. BTW, you have some of the best books on these boards and I love when you post them. Keep scanning!

SLR

Sweet set of three Detective books Steve. :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Cant wait to see the 4th.

I hope your around to enjoy them for many more years.

First time posting some of my Bat collection. Here are 5 I got back today. Sorry for the bad photo. #240, #246, #247, #248, #252, all 9.8 w/ white pages. I've got a few more Adams covers that'll try to post up soon. :)

null-2.jpg