• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Light tan -Off white resubmit ?

13 posts in this topic

I have a CGC 8.5 GA book that says pages are light tan to off white. It is a CGC old label.

I have heard that under the old labeling period, cgc might have been too harsh on page quality. I have not cracked the book out to see for myself. I am thinking of resubmitting to maybe get off white or cream to off white or something better.

My questions are this......

1. Anyone have a good/bad experience with this?

2. Should I call and get graders notes and evaluate more then?

3. Does cgc reverse it's opinion on these often?

4. Amy input on difference of old labeling and new label page quality grading?

Thanks to all,

Kelly

Makes sense. Thanks for the pic and thoughts.

I guess I am wondering if it is worth re-submitting to hopefully have an "upgraded" opinion by cgc on the label and if they would go to cream to off white if they were actually too strict during the old cgc label period.

Here is the book. Only flaw is a piece out of cover on right edge that is about 1/8 of a penny sized(maybe not even that big). It is well hidden in the upper arm of the guy in the green shirt. I am not so worried about the 8.5, more so the page quality. Of course I would love for it to be a 9.0.

planet8.jpg

I have resubmitted 4 or 5 now, old label books, and I guess to no real surprise, each has come back with the exact same pq (and grade)... I don't buy the "old label" = "tighter pq", at least not from my personal experience

I have resubmitted 4 or 5 now, old label books, and I guess to no real surprise, each has come back with the exact same pq (and grade)... I don't buy the "old label" = "tighter pq", at least not from my personal experience
I think old labels used to get PQ bumps, but seems like CGC has become tighter on PQ in the past 1-2 years--- old label or not.

Especially for a "Light tan -Off white" - it had to earn that PQ in the first place . . . ;)

Especially for a "Light tan -Off white" - it had to earn that PQ in the first place . . . ;)

I've had an old label LT-OW go to straight OW on a resub.

Go for it!

I think old labels used to get PQ bumps, but seems like CGC has become tighter on PQ in the past 1-2 years--- old label or not.

Steve Borock came on here and posted that old labels would likely get PQ bumps on resubs, but since he has left things may have changed a bit as it seems that CGC has (in my experience) tightened up on PQ again.

I've resubbed LT/OW books several times (and one book 3 times because I disagreed with them) and I never did manage to get the PQ to improve from LT/OW.

I'm with Gator in that I buy the book and not the label, especially when it comes to GA books.

I've seen enough LT/OW books to know that it's not that big of a deal to me. Especially if it's a tough book that I really would love to own.