• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torpedo comics link sale

170 posts in this topic

But seriously wouldn't that be messed up if there was a rare book that you shelled out significantly

for and they all of a sudden was like wow we have 10 long boxes of these Teenage Mutant Ninja

Turtle # 1's and they look to be in 9.6 and up!!!

:insane:

But seriously wouldn't that be messed up if there was a rare book that you shelled out significantly

for and they all of a sudden was like wow we have 10 long boxes of these Teenage Mutant Ninja

Turtle # 1's and they look to be in 9.6 and up!!!

:insane:

That can be a legitimate fear with a lot of moderns.

Those auction links are amazing. Tons of material, but clearly the way auction is set up with buyers basically needing to go to auction in person to have any clue what they are bidding on, has resulted in a pennies on the dollar result.

There are pages of links, showing lots of 40 long boxes with the most minimal description. Some of the long box prices for material seem to be well below $2 a box, for material that is alpha sorted, local dealers attending will be having a field day.

Liquidation, seller does not want to be bothered with weeks of shipping hassle, so end of day it will be blown out at less than a dimel on the dollar from the links I looked at.

That FF lot looks appealing. Bidding has gotten pretty high considering the few books shown.

And the Original Art is even worse. "Framed Artwork" "Art" they don't differentiate between prints and OA, some stuff listed as original are clearly prints, some listed as prints are clearly originals. So when you see stuff like the two CLEAVENGER Prints , I am still undecided. They look alot like the Cleavenger I already have, but I'm not going to pay $300 for a poster, but would certanly pay that if those were originals.

and THESE PRINTS (NSFW) use wording that makes them sound like OA(which they are not)

and ONE MORE I am undecided on.

Considering the owners tastes and buying power it's 50/50 these cold be originals or just prints he liked enough to frame :frustrated:

And as much as everyone slags moderns, I'd buy em for under $0.01 per and use the dont method to blow em out. I jst don't have the capability to haul 50 boxes in my truck :pullhair:

check 2715a, 150 CASES of silver bags, as in 150k bags, for under $10 TOTAL.

Lot 669, 3 sets of dealer racks with ski bags, those are $200 racks, for $2 per, there was 1 link showing some nice $30 and $40 hardcovers, for $60 which I thought wasnt bad, description said 9 boxes books, so you are buying trades for again, pennies a pop. One of links showed some nice horror books, including 133 boxes Vampirella, total was less than $10 a box, literally dozens of links showing crazy deals, and this isnt just modern drek, this is sorted alpha stock of their regular inventory, with 1950's, 60's books mixed in, depending on where you are in run.

For as much crapola as Mound City got at the start of their process...this is absolutely how not to run a comic auction.

It's pretty much free money for local dealers. If I lived in a three hundred mile radius of the pickup location, I would be on this like DiceX on free pr0n

For as much crapola as Mound City got at the start of their process...this is absolutely how not to run a comic auction.

It's pretty much free money for local dealers. If I lived in a three hundred mile radius of the pickup location, I would be on this like DiceX on free pr0n

This is a license to print money for anybody within 500 miles of Vegas. If I was a dealer or a collector in Southern California, and my board name started with RMA, I'd be in Vegas with a 19 foot U-Haul right now. There's some amazing stuff in there that's going to go for nothing.

Some of the stuff at the back is going for such a low price its almost worth a flight out there. The office equipment/shelving, that sort of thing, is - roughly - 90% off retail.

I can't get over the descriptions. It is as if they want to have this stuff sell for the lowest price possible. This for example - "Aria, Spider-Man and more, 11 boxes of Spider-Man, 20 boxes of Aria, 31 boxes total, approx 3000 pcs". Current price $38. :o