• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torpedo comics link sale

170 posts in this topic

13% Buyers premium on a cluster *spooned* auction like that, ouch. Some place classy like HA sure but someplace that wont ship but only lets you bid online. Kinda backwards.

Crikey. Somebody from LA go get this. Its a lottery ticket. "Lot of asst modern comics, Spider-Man, Superman, Iron Man and more, 31 boxes, 200 per box, approx 6000 pcs " Current bid $160.

31 long boxes of moderns for three cents each. Even with the 13% added on, that strikes me as being - as Sal said - free money.

Nope. This is the winner. 5200 books. Current bid price $16. 3/1000ths of a cent each. I'm serious, it looks as if they want this stuff to sell for the lowest price possible.

Yikes. Or this one. 6/100ths of a cent each for moderns. That's insane. :o

That one alone in a bulk sale you could probably make about $1,150 on at most. That's JUST if you sold in bulk.

Minimum you could still make about $500. That one lot pays for the U-Haul rental.

This auction is set up to fail, but thats what they want.

Lets say the ownersa of Torpedo Comics have X amount of liabilities. They auction off their assets, and use whatever money they get to pay off their creditors. with their assets auctioned off, and no income stream, creditors accept pennies on the dollar. The trick is to have friends and former workers bid and buy the lots for pennies on the dollar. Someone else buys the useless domain rights and before you know it, a new legal entity with the rights to the name is back doing business with most of the same stock. Sadly, they most likely obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit based on their inventory.

my favorite AUCTION

$700 for the domain name!?!?!

If it was that good, would they be going out of business?

Can't you just come up with a better name FOR FREE?

Or wait until the domain expires?

www.TorpedoedComics.com

www.HitByATorpedoAndSinkingLikeTheTitanicComics.com

my favorite AUCTION

www.TorpedoedComics.com

www.comix4fun.com

nah, too corny

my favorite AUCTION

www.TorpedoedComics.com

www.comix4fun.com

nah, too corny

:censored:

This auction is set up to fail, but thats what they want.

Lets say the ownersa of Torpedo Comics have X amount of liabilities. They auction off their assets, and use whatever money they get to pay off their creditors. with their assets auctioned off, and no income stream, creditors accept pennies on the dollar. The trick is to have friends and former workers bid and buy the lots for pennies on the dollar. Someone else buys the useless domain rights and before you know it, a new legal entity with the rights to the name is back doing business with most of the same stock. Sadly, they most likely obtained hundreds of thousands of dollars in credit based on their inventory.

Call me a conspiracy nut :insane: but I was wondering the same thing...seemed to me like this level of incompetence/negligence as a liquidator would not be okay. Maybe there is an intention for someone local/affiliated with the failed company to cherry pick a portion of the lots and establish a new business minus all of the debt hm

Have to confess to ignorance in this area...did Torpedeo get to pick the method of liquidation, or are the creditors responsible for all of this (and I so wish I was in Vegas right now...for a multitude of reasons, but certainly this too :devil: )

I'm literally getting sick looking over the lots and the current bid prices. Frantically searching Facebook for any high school or college friends that might live in Vegas. Don't know how I overlooked news of this auction

I'm literally getting sick looking over the lots and the current bid prices. Frantically searching Facebook for any high school or college friends that might live in Vegas. Don't know how I overlooked news of this auction

It's VEGAS, surely their is a stripper with a heart of gold looking to turn a trick , I mean do a good deed

Shipping and/or rental of a truck along with time make this unworthy for me to buy

For 6/1000th of a cent per book, how could you not make serious bank, regardless of the upfront costs.

I would be on this like DiceX on free pr0n

I seriously doubt there's any out there that I haven't found yet. hm

...but I'll keep looking, just in case I missed some. :gossip: