• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTA 27 club
5 5

369 posts in this topic

Cool congrats!! To be honest of ALL the movies I have seen about super heroes the Ant-Man movie was the very best (so far)!! I was very very surprised I use to laugh about this character but no more!! Ant-Man rocks and he has my full support/respect!!

For about 10 years I have said to myself never will I buy this book a Ant-man what the heck is that!! But turns out I was making fun of a ''genius'' of a hero!! Sure am glad I purchased mine about a week ago.

Edited by Hulk1962

Cool congrats!! To be honest of ALL the movies I have seen about super heroes the Ant-Man movie was the very best (so far)!! I was very very surprised I use to laugh about this character but no more!! Ant-Man rocks and he has my full support/respect!!

For about 10 years I have said to myself never will I buy this book a Ant-man what the heck is that!! But turns out I was making fun of a ''genius'' of a hero!! Sure am glad I purchased mine about a week ago.

Have you read avengers #93? That is the all time greatest ant-man story and one of neal adams finest works as a comic book artist as well!

I am currently reading Marvel Masterworks The Avengers Volume 1 and really having a great time. I am for sure going to buy the other volumes of this series. I will eventually get to #93. But right now I am only starting issue #4.

Edited by Hulk1962

Sold for 7700$!! This book has a lot of room for future increase in every grade (It is a rare book in any grade) with Ant-Man being in the up coming Captain America movie and then he will be joining The Avengers on the big screen as well as 2nd Ant-Man movie that will be released in a few years.

Edited by Hulk1962

Sold for 7700$!! This book has a lot of room for future increase in every grade (It is a rare book in any grade) with Ant-Man being in the up coming Captain America movie and then he will be joining The Avengers on the big screen as well as 2nd Ant-Man movie that will be released in a few years.

Hmmmm... I don't know. Don't you think that price was a little disappointing? This comic has always had that stigma of being a non superhero comic.

The last 2 GPA 7.0s average $9400, so for this to go for $7700 after both the Antman movie coming out and the anticipation of Antman in Civil War.... I don't know, it seems like a big disappointment. And I'm a guy who owns a 6.5 and wants it to do well.

It is the long term average that matters....Overstreet has it valued at 6600$ in 7.0 so as long as the sales prices surpass the current years valuation by Overstreet I think the book is doing just fine. At 7700$ it is still 18% higher than guide. The 9000$ sales where probbaly pre hype before the 1st movie came out hence the fluctuations in sale prices. But in the end TTA27 in going up in value....maybe not at the same rate as say AF15 but still going up!!

Edited by Hulk1962

It is the long term average that matters....Overstreet has it valued at 6600$ in 7.0 so as long as the sales prices surpass the current years valuation by Overstreet I think the book is doing just fine. At 7700$ it is still 18% higher than guide. The 9000$ sales where probbaly pre hype before the 1st movie came out hence the fluctuations in sale prices. But in the end TTA27 in going up in value....maybe not at the same rate as say AF15 but still going up!!

I could be in the minority here with this opinion, but I don't care what Overstreet says about mega keys AT ALL. It's (to me) a completely irrelevant number.

But I am sure a lot of people do care....otherwise Overstreet would not be going on 46 years as the prime valuation guide for comic books!!

I'm not suggesting it's a rag. I'm saying when it comes to mega keys (SC4, AF15, Hulk 1, FF 1, etc...) you can throw that book out the window.

If you're looking for a ballpark price on a raw Strange Tales 142, grab your OSPG.

Everyone knows you are a very negative person!! If I spent time reading your posts (negative and nasty all the time) I would not even think this was a great site....that is what you do to this fine site you bring it down a full notch!!

Now again (And most members have now learned you do no respect what they have asked you to do bellow if you have something to say to me...instead you continue trying to fight here on the forum....that is not respectful at all on your part towards this fine community and it's members).....

Please respect what various members have asked of us the other day if you have something to say to me send me a PM (since you seem to want to fight with me each and every single day.....if you need your daily fix send me a PM....I will most likely never respond but at least you can get your madness off your chest).....people here have no interest in reading this type of post. Keep the forum for comic book discussion only. Have a good night!!

Edited by Hulk1962

Your post (s) has/have been reported please continue to do this (Your destructive behavior and non respect of this community) and hopefully you will be suspended or even better banned for life!! Adults learn when asked something and children need constant reminders. People have asked you to send me PM's (If you want to communicate with me regarding issues that are not comic bock related) and yet you do not!!

Edited by Hulk1962

I could be in the minority here with this opinion, but I don't care what Overstreet says about mega keys AT ALL. It's (to me) a completely irrelevant number.

I abandoned Overstreet over 10 years ago. I use GPA and what isee at the major sites to determine value. Back in the day Overstreet's values were so far off I was totally convinced it was just a dealers tool for buying collections- They could offer a collector guide for a really sweet collection knowing they were gonna charge 4X that when reselling. Whatever the intentions were it just wasn't accurate enough for me to be bothered with it. Did He tighten up the values in recent years?

I am going to join the GPA website. Thanks.

Once you join GPA you will agree with everyone else here that the OPG has lost it's relevance in regards to mega keys.

I still buy it every year though. I has great "market update" articles and it still works as a "guide".