• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTA 27 club
5 5

369 posts in this topic

Another book I've had since the late 70's or early 80's....I actually had a slabbed 7.5, but I traded it for GA GGA comics and some cash. Of course Stan hadn't signed that copy, so it was a no brainer as to which copy to keep. :makepoint:

This is my club pass :cloud9:

:takeit:

(thumbs u

Thank you! I can't afford high grade key books, so I go with these types. This allows me to get books I want, but at prices I can more easily afford. I like the lower grade silver age books, they don't look beat up too me, they look well loved.

Thank you! I can't afford high grade key books, so I go with these types. This allows me to get books I want, but at prices I can more easily afford. I like the lower grade silver age books, they don't look beat up too me, they look well loved.

You're a collector after my own heart...that's how I buy em, presentable low grade goodness. You can't beat em!

I don't have a copy, but what I always liked about this particular comic is it's a dime cover pre-hero monster book that serves double duty as a Marvel superhero key.The one case where the prototype became the character.

Won this tonight on CC. Actually won it on the 27th bid. A rare great "white". So I'm back in the club and waiting for Antman to tear it up in Avengers 2.

tta27.jpg

I'm curious as to what this set you back. Do you mind sharing? Are these 5.0s selling for over $2k now? Surely one with white pages is.

I sold a 4.5 for around $1450 recently so I know they're going up in price.

I'd love to get my hands on a 6.0 but they never seem to come up. And the 7.0s are now priced out of range. I just sent one into CGC for slabbing but I'm afraid it's only going to be in the 4.0 range. I'll post a photo when it comes back.

Won this tonight on CC. Actually won it on the 27th bid. A rare great "white". So I'm back in the club and waiting for Antman to tear it up in Avengers 2.

tta27.jpg

BTW, I have three 5.0s myself and yours looks nicer than all three of mine. I'm jealous. Is there a bad flaw on the back? The front looks really nice.

tta27.jpg

I'm curious as to what this set you back. Do you mind sharing? Are these 5.0s selling for over $2k now? Surely one with white pages is.

I sold a 4.5 for around $1450 recently so I know they're going up in price.

I'd love to get my hands on a 6.0 but they never seem to come up. And the 7.0s are now priced out of range. I just sent one into CGC for slabbing but I'm afraid it's only going to be in the 4.0 range. I'll post a photo when it comes back.

I sold this back in august for 1755 http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fauctions%2Easp&id=939613 by my calculations this upgrade run me about a few hundred more. This book was $1883. The WPs are what I find to be what makes this book a killer. Here is the back tta27back.jpg Edited by Junkdrawer

I don't have a copy, but what I always liked about this particular comic is it's a dime cover pre-hero monster book that serves double duty as a Marvel superhero key.

The one case where the prototype became the character.

How about Amazing Fantasy #15 (shrug)