• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hey! New poster - pre-code Horror and Crime comic book addict!!

296 posts in this topic

Here's what concerns me: If this poster is a 23 year old student that would make him born in 1987 and he would have been 10 or 12 in 1997-1999. Creepshow? ECs? Really?

Does not compute for me, but hey it could be true.

I couldn't get my hands on EC's when I was a kid but I had definitely seen Creepshow by the time I was about four years old. Pretty tame by horror movie standards.

The story with the crate and that monkey-monster used to scare me.

Don't start talking about Creepshow or I'll get drawn back into this thread again!! I won't be able to resist! :grin:

Just to clarify, I didn't get my first original EC comic until I was around 18. Before that I had like two 1990s Russ Cochran reprints I think. Probably still got them sitting around somewhere.... hm

My love of the film goes back years, but I've only been into pre-code horror comics since my teens. Creepshow definitely had a major role in getting me interested in the first place though. Without that film having such an effect on me as a real youngster I doubt I'd even be in the hobby at all!

Like I said before though, it's not just the ECs I have an interest in - ANYTHING pre-code horror or even crime (which I'd argue basically were horror comics right before the advent of the Code - aside from the titles!) and I'll be interested.

My favourite story hands-down is "Something to Tide You Over" mostly down to Leslie Nielsen's humourous performance. As a kid it would probably have been Father's Day. Really used to scare me!

You have the advantage of being a lawyer. If someone wants to screw with you, you have resources at your fingertips that average schmucks do not.

Despite keeping a low proifle for over a decade, if you google my name, . . .

Searching the Deep Web is quite illuminating. For instance, add the work "database" to your searches, for example, "Deep Web Database" or "Puppies Database".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Web

You have the advantage of being a lawyer. If someone wants to screw with you, you have resources at your fingertips that average schmucks do not.

Searching the Deep Web is quite illuminating. For instance, add the work "database" to your searches, for example, "Deep Web Database" or "Puppies Database".

Hi Luxx :hi:

154dled.jpg

Hi Luxx :hi:

154dled.jpg

doh! That seemed too easy.

The point was being "anonymous" as far as the public, visible to anybody, searchable portion of these boards is concerned. I control who I choose to give my info out to.

I used to know who you were but I forgot. :tonofbricks:

I'm a nobody, really. Just a wannabe who neverwas. :)

The point was being "anonymous" as far as the public, visible to anybody, searchable portion of these boards is concerned. I control who I choose to give my info out to.

I used to know who you were but I forgot. :tonofbricks:

I'm a nobody, really. Just a wannabe who neverwas. :)

At least your dog Casper is a somebody.

Ok I am going 2 bed . Fishing trip in 6 hours.

Good week and weekend 2 you all.

PS - Give Casper a pig ear 4 me bro

lol

gnight

Rich