• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,101 posts in this topic

CC Tec 31 5.0 sold for 110K

Any idea when this sale took place?

Is it the same copy that sold for something like $87K back in September of 2015, or was it a copy new to the marketplace? hm

my old copy that I sold in May 2015

This week. Ben answered the other Q.

Would I be correct in saying that this was not sold in one of their auction formats?

If so, do you think it would have been able to hit this same price in one of their big Event Auctions, considering how hot this book supposedly is? hm

This week. Ben answered the other Q.

Would I be correct in saying that this was not sold in one of their auction formats?

yes

If so, do you think it would have been able to hit this same price in one of their big Event Auctions, considering how hot this book supposedly is? hm

At auction it would have fetched roughly the same price, maybe slightly less. Not as nice as the other 5.0

87K copy

det1.12626a.jpg

110K copy

DETECTIVE%20COMICS%2031%20CGC%205%200%20CR%20OW%20FRONT_zpscac5rbs3.jpeg

Not as nice as the other 5.0[/b]

87K copy

det1.12626a.jpg

110K copy

Well, based upon the front cover scans only, that is definitely an understatement. (thumbs u

Of course, there might also be other unseen defects on the $110K copy on the back cover or in the interior which would not be showing up on front cover scan only. Could also be due to the quality differences between the 2 scans. (shrug)

More than likely though, another example of inconsistent grading between loose grading and tight grading time periods as the $110K copy was graded back in 2007, while the $87K copy was graded in 2015 when the competition was nipping at its heels. hm

Another case example for buying the book, as opposed to buying the label. (thumbs u

Not as nice as the other 5.0[/b]

87K copy

det1.12626a.jpg

110K copy

Well, based upon the front cover scans only, that is definitely an understatement. (thumbs u

Of course, there might also be other unseen defects on the $110K copy on the back cover or in the interior which would not be showing up on front cover scan only. Could also be due to the quality differences between the 2 scans. (shrug)

More than likely though, another example of inconsistent grading between loose grading and tight grading time periods as the $110K copy was graded back in 2007, while the $87K copy was graded in 2015 when the competition was nipping at its heels. hm

Another case example for buying the book, as opposed to buying the label. (thumbs u

the $110k copy has a clean BC as I owned it from 2009 - 2015. The dust shadow is much less pronounced in hand. It is a true 5.0 IMO.

Well. Here is my first entry into the club. Excited and frightened to enter this realm of collecting lol. This may tie with Tec 31 for me for the best batman cover.

1z2j8me.jpg

15s930j.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/182426705556?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

I got this late last year and just got it back from grading recently. Really happy to have it. Bought the collection (through a comic shop owner) from a man whose father had bought all the comics as a child in the Kansas City area. I did read it before sending it off and the story is pretty charming, but Batman being lost on a country road and asking for directions in full uniform? Pretty sure I would not have answered the door!

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

I got this late last year and just got it back from grading recently. Really happy to have it. Bought the collection (through a comic shop owner) from a man whose father had bought all the comics as a child in the Kansas City area. I did read it before sending it off and the story is pretty charming, but Batman being lost on a country road and asking for directions in full uniform? Pretty sure I would not have answered the door!

Being able to buy an OO copy is always fun. Very nice looking 3.5.

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

That's a purdy copy - such a great cover