• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner Advice

40 posts in this topic

I'm trying to find a decently priced legal-sized scanner so I can start posting scans of some of my slabs. Does anyone out there have some advice on what I should get?

I'm sure there have been threads like this before, but I couldn't find them through the search feature... if you've got a link to past discussions on this, that would be great too.

Thanks!!

Best scanner for the money to me is an HP 8200. They can be found for under a $100 on Ebay (thumbs u

I agree!!

Just bought one for $32 on ebay. Received it today. Here is my first scan:

001.jpg

Well thanks for going easy on me anyways! I really am just trying to learn the ropes; I'll get the hang of it. (thumbs u

I'm a newbie too but getting the right scanner is very important and I always found some of the other threads confusing.

I am overjoyed on how the 8200 performs.

I dont know which one I have. But I know there have been tons of threads asking this question. When I started here, I didnt even know how to post photos of books! I still remember Count and Blow up the Moon walking me through it.

I might have to pick one up. My old Microtek Scanmaker is no longer compatible with either PCs or Macs' latest operating systems.

One of the reasons I had to buy a new scanner is my old one (an HP also) was not compatible with Windows 7. There are a few 8200s on ebay right now for under $50.

Can't go wrong with a Hp 8200 or 8250 8250 has a doc feeder. You can land them on Ebay for under 80 including shipping if you hunt a little bit. That's how much mine was and it even came with all the cables (power cord and 6 foot USB cable). There was a thread about six months ago where some even posted samples of different scanners with different software tools they used

I might have to pick one up. My old Microtek Scanmaker is no longer compatible with either PCs or Macs' latest operating systems.

One of the reasons I had to buy a new scanner is my old one (an HP also) was not compatible with Windows 7. There are a few 8200s on ebay right now for under $50.

I have Vista and it is compatible too.

IWhen I started here, I didnt even know how to post photos of books! I still remember Count and Blow up the Moon walking me through it.

I've regretted it ever since. :(