• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone buy mystery lots? UPDATE : GREAT lot Pics Video added

47 posts in this topic

I recently won this auction on ebay:

Here is a lot of 120 comics. This lot contains a mix of just about everything. Every type of Dell imagineable, Every type of DC comic...Superman, Green Lantern, Detective, Batman ect...., Marvel, ACG, Crime, Strange Tales, Kid Outlaw, on and on.....a mix of all kinds of comics. They are all dated from 1950 to 1980's with 90% of the comis dated in the 50's and 60's. There are no comics from the 40's or earlier. The grades are all accross the board, some are great and some show wear. There are no great comics in this lot! We bought roughly 200 comics, sold the really good ones and this is what's left...average run of the mill comics.

No pics, no issues listed, nothing.....but for $35 shipped (just over a quarter a pop), dont you have to give it a shot?!?! If it is truly 90% 50s and 60s, it has to be decent. Anyone else buy these type lots and how were your experiences? Best gem in one?

Sounds like a great one to take a shot at. I would buy them just to read even if I they just went to a neighbor kid when I was done. Let us know how you like what you get.

I would buy it at that price for sure. I buy mystery comic lots any time I can when I have the money, it's the first thing I look for, copper/modern indy lots.

My best comic purchase online ever was a lot of over 80 comics that I got for $8 shipped. It included a nearly complete collection of Deadworld vol. 1 including multiple copies of #1. It had Concrete #1, Caliber Presents #2, and the entire series of Borderworlds. It was awesome, pretty much every comic in that lot was great, and they cost me 8 cents each :D

The total lack of info and lack of pics along with a miscount of issues is why I got it so cheap. I think it was listed as "Over 50 indy comics." I definitely did not expect that many to show up.

I bought a mystery lot a few years back and did really well with it. I sold many of the books on the boards here.

Those wins are few and far between, though.

That's a great pick up congrats :applause: I never take chances with the mystery lots because I assume it would be 90's junk but this has me thinking hm Those GL's and Tec's look nice.

That's a great pick up congrats :applause: I never take chances with the mystery lots because I assume it would be 90's junk but this has me thinking hm Those GL's and Tec's look nice.

Me too, always think I'm going to get nothing but junk so I never bid on them. meh