• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Robinson Pedigree

142 posts in this topic

Interesting that he chose to go this route.

I would be interested in knowing whether he amassed these books at the time of publication or actually as a collector. Was he a collector?

BTW, its not a pedigree. :gossip: It is, however, no doubt an awesome collection! :banana:

I was wondering the same thing. It says it was assembled over 67 years ? Also says he was keeping them for historical purposes but I wonder just how many comics he has. You can see some Caps in the photos too.

I'd like to see a Jerry Robinson Collection notation on the CGC label for these books. I know it's not a pedigree but it's an important collection of books from a great artist.

That will be one heck of a great booth to check out in San Diego on Wednesday!

And Robinson just gets cooler the more I learn about him: Robinson has led creator rights cases including copyright, trademark, censorship, First Amendment (in US) and human rights (abroad). Examples include: representing Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel, creators of Superman, in their struggle to obtain financial security and restore their creator credits to Superman; obtaining the release of a jailed and tortured cartoonists in Uruguay and the Soviet Union: writing briefs on behalf of the AAEC and NCS, one in the trademark litigation brought against editorial cartoonists and the other presented before a US Senate committee on postal laws; and serving on the joint arts committee that negotiated creator protection in the renewal of the copyright law.

Freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see them and see what they sell for. :)

Wish I could see them in person :(

Make sure to take lots of pics :)

Done deal on the PICS, I'll make sure there is no drool or me there in a coma with the books around me.

Interesting that he chose to go this route.

I would be interested in knowing whether he amassed these books at the time of publication or actually as a collector. Was he a collector?

BTW, its not a pedigree. :gossip: It is, however, no doubt an awesome collection! :banana:

Why would it not be a pedigree if he amassed them at the time of publication (a la Crowley)?

It would need depth, quality, quantity and newsstand provenance.

"Robinson’s diverse career afforded him the opportunity to work with, befriend and interview a diverse and unparralled array of talent from the medium. The Robinson Collection, assembled over 67 years, is unique in its coverage of the nucleus and origins of comic books. It is a collection that was assembled with the goal of becoming a resource for public appreciation and study by historians now and in the future."

The last two sentences make me believe that it falls under the category of collection in the sense that he was being selective and period specific.

:cry: sorry folks, I am in a complete sell mode right now (see my Supes 14 sales thread :foryou: )...

though, I did contact them and the better books, like tec 27 and bat 1, etc will likely NOT be for sale, but some sort of auction format at some TBA time

How nice are the Detective #27 and Batman #1?
she didn't say...I believe there are 3 batman 1's and 1 detective 27...all were being sent to cgc if I recall correctly

she didn't say...I believe there are 3 batman 1's and 1 detective 27...all were being sent to cgc if I recall correctly
Good stuff. Any idea how many books in total ? You can see some Cap books in 1 pic :cool:

Good stuff. Any idea how many books in total ? You can see some Cap books in 1 pic :cool:
again, I didn't ask... I will be stopping by their location in SD, I am just unfortunately not in a position to do much purchasing