• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the new Overstreet out yet??

226 posts in this topic

I would love to find out if the authors of articles in the Overstreet Price Guide get paid.

My belief is that the articles are submissions from fans.

you think the research needs revision because it dose not align with what you currently believe.

Why do you want your common foreign editions to be variants so badly?

Why do you ignore my definition of price variant? Is it because you cannot apply it to Canadian editions?

Perhaps I am still missing something here?

Just stop with the price variant . I haven't once, talked about price variants (until now). Read what I said about why a revision is needed, don't put words into my mouth. I've already seen this Avengers comic in at least 3 threads, being talked about as a price variant and no one can come to any agreement on it. If there is any personal motivation in seeing revision to clear this up, it has everything to do with getting it right. And apparently, you have a problem with missing the point as I've already defined a foreign edition in a half dozen responses in this thread alone.

w/e

headbash.gif

You win. Enjoy all your variants.

I would love to find out if the authors of articles in the Overstreet Price Guide get paid.

Well...I guess that's probably true. I assumed, since, ta know, in REAL publishing, people get paid for articles they write, even if it's freelance.

But it IS comics, so...

didn't barrington tell us he got like $90 for his article (shrug)

Just so everybody knows, I'm still buying Canadian price variants by the barrel full. I'd prefer the 95 cent ones at this point. I'd love to get some Canadian price variants that have errors as well.

(ducks)

Just so everybody knows, I'm still buying Canadian price variants by the barrel full. I'd prefer the 95 cent ones at this point. I'd love to get some Canadian price variants that have errors as well.

(ducks)

I have a Canadian price variant $3.78 Silver Surfer #50 with foil only adhering to Surfie's eyes, biceps, and nipples, and mistakenly assembled with Batman #2 interior pages, that are all siamese.

How much will you give me for it...?

(ducks)

I have a Canadian price variant $3.78 Silver Surfer #50 with foil only adhering to Surfie's eyes, biceps, and nipples, and mistakenly assembled with Batman #2 interior pages, that are all siamese.

How much will you give me for it...?

A Cronze Erriant!!! :o

If a small cross section of comics have a significant but uniform difference from the majority of the print run it's a variant.

Of course it is. The small minority has a variation from the majority, so hence it is a variant. Semantic arguments are usually more fun than this.

The semantics don't matter, but the categorization does. Collectors will place different degrees of "significance" and "scarcity" and "kewlness" to the varieties of printings. This is what influences collectibility and value, and not the semantics of what each variety is called.

Sounds like the Overstreet hype machine worked hard to ascribe significance to the new guide in an attempt to reverse slumping sales and declining relevance.

(ducks)

hm

Do advisor's have first look opportunities at the OSPG?

(ducks)

use your insider information and snatch them all up before the new article becomes available and they are all suddenly variants worth eleventy million minty dollars.

:roflmao:

(ducks)

hm

Do advisor's have first look opportunities at the OSPG?

We get one sent to us - last year mine came one day before the rest of the world saw it. I'm sure other people get theirs earlier and have more input into the document. Me, I'm just a lowly monkey.