• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is just beyond Stupid! Westboro Baptist go to Comic-Con.

91 posts in this topic

Attention is the key to Phelps and his group. The worst punishment you can do with these ***holes is ignore them and go on with your life. They are wanting confrontations so they can sue for Civil Rights violations or for damages from assaults and thrive on the media attention.

+1

This group is despicable, to say the least. The best thing is to ignore these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, as they are trying to drum up publicity for themselves and provoke confrontations. Most likely, they will not be on the Convention Center property.

Why not enjoy the convention by talking to friends, looking through boxes of comics, attend panels, check our original art or scope out attractive women. Why spend an ounce of energy on a bunch of dolts?

I don't understand how they bring their sick protests to military funerals and no one has killed them with their bare hands?

It is amazing that a grieving family member has not lost it and gone berserk on these psychos.

Having just read the WBC wikipedia page, I'm amazed they haven't been lynched or at least thrown in jail. Beyond astounding that Comic-Con has allowed them in.

SDCC I am positive, has not let them in. They will be across the street from the convention center. They will be getting 2 solid birds from me each day with a smile in between. What they have done to Military families is beyond awful.

I know giving them the bird each day will not mean anything to them, but it can't hurt and will make me smile.

I wonder how far I could make it if I made a sign protesting them and went and stood in their group.... (I've done dumber things at SDCC...) :idea:

My bad - I should've assumed that. Hopefully the people traffic will be so busy that the SD police will tell them to move on as they'll be crowding the pavement. Or maybe Lou Ferrigno can step in and herd the drek away.

This group is despicable, to say the least. The best thing is to ignore these insufficiently_thoughtful_persons, as they are trying to drum up publicity for themselves and provoke confrontations. Most likely, they will not be on the Convention Center property.

Why not enjoy the convention by talking to friends, looking through boxes of comics, attend panels, check our original art or scope out attractive women. Why spend an ounce of energy on a bunch of dolts?

Agreed. And most people know they do not represent Christianity, Kansas, America, and humanity.

Hopefully we'll see some great pics of the convention minus them.

Agreed. And most people know they do not represent Christianity, Kansas, America, and humanity.

And be sure to keep the ECs away from them!

Any group ever loaded up and gone to their church to stand outside and protest them? That'd be epic. They come rolling in on a Sunday to go hear a hate message from their leader, and there are 1000 protesters turning the tables on them...

Indeed. Speaking as a believer, myself, I think that there has been a mis-representation of what my faith comprises of and I surely do not see it in these people. Their history of actions and malicious words totally contradict what Jesus was trying to teach. They are still people and flipping them off or giving them further negative attention will only fuel their mis-guided passion. I also agree that they are looking for a "fight", but why waste your time and energy that can be enjoyed at the con with friends? <3

Any group ever loaded up and gone to their church to stand outside and protest them? That'd be epic. They come rolling in on a Sunday to go hear a hate message from their leader, and there are 1000 protesters turning the tables on them...

Honestly? I think they would LOVE it! They'd just turn it around and make it a media event for themselves.

They do sustain themselves financially through litigation, so any physical confrontation becomes an earning opportunity for them. That said, it WOULD be amusing to see some courageous gay man get close enough to Phelps to plant a big sloppy wet kiss on him, then film the look of horror and/or confusion that would inevitably follow.

They don't accurately represent Kansas?

Ooooooooooooooooh yea...he went there! :rulez:

If you google search "Kansas Christians" under images the first image that pops up are of these miracles of God.

If you google search "Kansas Christians" under images the first image that pops up are of these miracles of God.

Oh my gosh!!! Its true!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Oh my gosh!!! Its true!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Per Google then I'd say they are accurate portrayals. Only way it gets any more accurate is if they get Gary Bussey to portray the ringleader in a lifetime movie. How that makes sense I don't know! But the out takes would be entertaining!

These guys backed out of protesting at a close friend's funeral a few years ago, I was glad they removed the temptation to do something completely stupid. They are what scum tries to avoid stepping in.