• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Coming Out of the Closet...Loads of Pics

277 posts in this topic

So here's the deal. Since I was 8 when I bought my first comic book back in 1972, I have collected (or rather not thrown away) all kinds of stuff in addition to comics. I have things stored in my parent's closets, my closets, under beds, in storage bins, in the garage...well you get the idea. I have always wanted to go through and take pics of everything. This is a formidable task but I'm making progress. So I thought I's share some of the pics as I go through this stuff. Some of it is pretty esoteric - some older, some newer - it just depends what stash I hit and take pictures. I'm only a very small percent of the way through.

Join in if you've got stuff you want to share or if something brings back some memories for you. And I want to mention, there is nothing here that I am selling (one of my pet peeves is starting a thread outside of the sales forum of oh look I found as a way to get extra exposure and then it ends up in sales thread but that's just me).

Not that anyone would want any of this carpola. :)

So out of the closet I come.

From a stash in a wooden wine box from one of parent's closets:

These are small plastic mini cups that are from around the mid 70s (I think) about an inch and half tall. IIRC, you would peel the sticker off and stick on the cup. I have 11 Marvel characters and one Wonder Woman that is entirely different and I know clue where it came from:

11MarvelMiniCupsand1WonderWomanMini.jpg

A couple of fuzzy close-ups:

FantasticFourSpiderwomanMiniCups.jpg

ThorMiniCup.jpg

WonderWomanMiniCup.jpg

From a stash in a wooden wine box from one of parent's closets:

These are small plastic mini cups that are from around the mid 70s (I think) about an inch and half tall. IIRC, you would peel the sticker off and stick on the cup. I have 11 Marvel characters and one Wonder Woman that is entirely different and I know clue where it came from:

You think those might have had little caps and something was inside the cups? Maybe from a gumball machine or something?

I have no clue where these came from. They are mini comics. The Hawkman and Green Lantern are similar - full color and about 3x5 inches with 12 story pages. The Superman is different. It has a copyright of 1979 - about 4x6 inches with 16 story pages.

3MiniComicsSupermanca1979HawkmanGre.jpg

Gotta have Pez dispensers in any collection - Hulk and Spiderman. They came with a minicomic that folds out. The two comics I have are the same featuring the Hulk which is shown in the second pic and for some reason, I had stowed away two Eisenhower dollars in the box which you see holding the comics down.

SpidermanandHulkPezDispenserswith2P.jpg

PezObverseMiniComics.jpg

And some old paperback from that were in the box:

This is an Ace Double that contains two complete novels - you just flipped it over, hence the two covers. I always thought the Psionic Menace cover was great:

AceDoubleBookThePsionicMenace1963Ac.jpg

And the other side:

AceDoubleBookCaptivesoftheFlame1963.jpg

And more books:

MenAgainsttheStars1950SecondPrintin.jpg

TheGreenHillsofEarth1958FourthPrint.jpg

TheLastPlanet1953AceBooks.jpg

TheLostWorld4thPrinting1969BerkelyM.jpg

This has some cool Fabian illustrations - All Fabian issue:

September1977GalaxyDigestAllSteveFa.jpg

I have no clue where these came from. They are mini comics. The Hawkman and Green Lantern are similar - full color and about 3x5 inches with 12 story pages. The Superman is different. It has a copyright of 1979 - about 4x6 inches with 16 story pages.

3MiniComicsSupermanca1979HawkmanGre.jpg

They came out of Cereal Boxes. I remember collecting them as a kid

That was it in the first box. The next set is from a plastic storage container from my house - mainly newer things:

Couple of Corgi die-cast Batman vehicles - these are pretty cool. I have a ton of these with different vehicles.

2CorgiBatmanCars.jpg