• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Golden Age collection

155 posts in this topic

engleman132.jpg:takeit:

Somehow this wasn't clear enough for Jamie that I won the book here. (shrug)

After posting the :takeit: and multiple PM's back and forth setting up the money order I now receive a money order refund with an explanation that there were several potential buyers for this book and I wasn't the one who got permission to purchase it.

I'd like a better explanation of who bought this book. :taptaptap:

I received a PM from one board member offering me more money for the comic after posting the :takeit: but I declined. I got a feeling Jamie received an offer like this and renegged on our deal. (tsk)

:o:o:o

After posting the :takeit: and multiple PM's back and forth setting up the money order I now receive a money order refund with an explanation that there were several potential buyers for this book and I wasn't the one who got permission to purchase it.

I received a PM from one board member offering me more money for the comic after posting the :takeit: but I declined. I got a feeling Jamie received an offer like this and renegged on our deal. (tsk)

Shouldn't this be a discussion for the probation forum?

I don't see any problem discussing it in this thread (shrug)

Thread is pretty much dead anyways

And I really wanted to quote the :takeit:

I'd just like to know who bought the comic. Not looking for banishment.

Thinking about it, you were just Roy'd, seems to happen quite a lot nowadays

I don't see any problem discussing it in this thread (shrug)

Thread is pretty much dead anyways

And I really wanted to quote the :takeit:

I'd just like to know who bought the comic. Not looking for banishment.

Sorry the :doh: was in reference to the situation, not your complaint...seems the right place to address it to me :foryou:

:gossip: Although we are theoretically enemies, I would hate to see someone not get their fix of Timely goodness (thumbs u

What is Roy'd ?

His given name was Hemorrhoid - he tried to shorten it to the simple Roy...., but we're a sharp bunch here (tsk)

What is Roy'd ?

Something that happens to Roy (r1970d) a lot

Unfortunately the moral focus of our society has changed with the progressive movement.

30 years ago, if someone got screwed in a verbal agreement, the screw-er was damned for going back on his word.

Now, if someone gets screwed in a verbal agreement, the screw-ee gets damned because he was too stupid to get it in writing. Even if he did, depending on which judge hears the case, the screw-er can still walk away without a scratch.

This is so true. You forgot to mention that you also often get an earful for not closing the deal before the seller has time to back out of a verbal agreement.

It's known as being Roy'd.

:cry:

So, it would appear that Jamie did agree to sell you the book in the PM?

I spoke with Jamie and what happened was just an honest mistake. He came here on the boards and it got confusing for him. You posted the I'll take it and another board member PM'd to purchase and paid the same day. Your money order showed up afterward (and it took him a day to figure out which book it was matching to) and the book was already sold. That was it. No reneging or turning around to sell to a higher offer. He wouldn't do that, he's not that kind of guy.

He knows now about the :takeit: and other nuances of the boards.

You can email him or give him a call at his shop.

Another thing occurred to me too. I sent the mo express with tracking and confirmation which wasn't free obviously. So I spent money and got nothing.

:tonofbricks:

I'm going to check in later and hopefully Jamie will have responded. :taptaptap:

Have you emailed or called him direct?

He was new to the boards at time of this listing/find,and i've had way more response from him thru email,even yesterday.

This really sucks! :( I followed the sale of these books. I did notice that his record keeping wasn't quite up to par. I would try calling him on his cell. I would find out:

Why you were not the person who won the book as per your PM exchange.

Explain how these boards work as far as FS threads. Let him know about the probation list, and how this would affect his reputation here.

Ask if the book has been shipped to the other buyer.

Jamie has no idea how these boards work. I feel that this should be explained to him. After this, you need to decide whether or not he should be put on the probation list. I feel by talking to him about this in person will help with your desicion. Heck, you might even be able to get the book. He posted his cell number in the thread he started in the dealers section.

Good luck,

Mike