• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Death" in Superman?

18 posts in this topic

I heard someone mention that Gaiman's Death will be in Superman.

How do people feel about this?

Anyone know in what title and when? I'm assuming Action based on reports of it involving Luthor.

Frankly, I'm not all that thrilled about it. It will really depend on who is writing it.

Pat

Action Comics #894

Paul Cornell is writing, says he OK'd it with Gaiman. I believe he is a writer on Doctor Who as well. The first issue of the arc was pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

ac_cv894_02.jpg

What's the difference?

The "original" Dream character, Morpheus, died in the "Kindly Ones" arc. Both Morpheus and Death are fully Gaiman creations, so it would make sense that Gaiman would have some proprietary interest in how they are used. Daniel is kind of a Gaiman creation, but less so... he's the son of a couple of pre-existing DC characters, and Gaiman didn't do that much with Daniel as the new Dream incarnation. (thumbs u

I heard someone mention that Gaiman's Death will be in Superman.

How do people feel about this?

Anyone know in what title and when? I'm assuming Action based on reports of it involving Luthor.

Frankly, I'm not all that thrilled about it. It will really depend on who is writing it.

Pat

How did you feel when she appeared in an issue of The Hulk?

As long as they use the character right and VERY sparingly, I'm okay with it.

I agree though, I don't think she mixes well with characters like Superman.

Has this issued shipped or when is it slated to?

Plasticide, I wasn't aware that she appeared in the Hulk. What issue are you referring to? Honestly, same assessment. Frankly, I don't care for it. But it depends on the respect afforded to Gaiman's vision and use of the character.

Pat

Plasticide, I wasn't aware that she appeared in the Hulk. What issue are you referring to? Honestly, same assessment. Frankly, I don't care for it. But it depends on the respect afforded to Gaiman's vision and use of the character.

Pat

I don't remember the issue # exactly. It was Peter David's run, when Rick and Marlo were getting married, around #400. The joke was kinda lame - "a brush with Death".

Pat

I don't remember the issue # exactly. It was Peter David's run, when Rick and Marlo were getting married, around #400. The joke was kinda lame - "a brush with Death".

Hulk #418.

418-1.jpg

Rom makes an appearance, too...

Pat

Hulk #418.

418-1.jpg

Rom makes an appearance, too...

Wow, that cover makes me want to puke.

Pat

Just re-read Planetary TPB Vol 2, and Death is clearly in it. I'm assuming the person next to her is a variant of Sandman too.

The best part, one of the characters felt so much like Spider, it was unbelievable. I miss TransMet.

Pat