• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you want eBay to do differently?

195 posts in this topic

STOP ALLOWING "CGC/PGX" AND 'CGC READY' AND 'LIKE CGC' AND 'NOT CGC' AND WHATEVER ELSE "CGC" PEOPLE WANT TO THROW IN TO GET PEOPLE TO LOOK AT THEIR GARBAGE THAT IS ****NOT***** CGC'D.

I have reported this hundreds, IF NOT THOUSANDS, of times to eBay, and no one does anything. It's like talking to a brick wall.

STOP allowing it. END auctions and listings that do it when they are reported.

So....Eddie Van Halen got involved when everyone started to stripe up guitars and put in the title "Frankenstein", etc. If it even had a HINT of striping that looked similar to what Ed has done his lawyers and eBay were all over it....letters would be sent, accounts shut down and on and on.

They have loosened the grip a little and I don't know if that's the answer for "CGC Ready" listings...but they gotta try and do something....

But "CGC Ready" is a tadpole in the ocean, so in the end they probably really don't care.

Stop with the automated "your shipping and handling fees appear high in relation to other sellers" BS. I'm shipping SLABS, you automated pile of dog feces! They COST $10-$12 to ship via Priority Mail to most areas in the country.

The "other items in comparison" AREN'T FREAKIN' SLABS, you automated piece of pig vomit! I don't need YOU, eBay, to lecture ME about how much to charge for S&H. ONCE is enough. If I say "ok, yes dear, I know, now go away" then GO THE EFF AWAY. Then, if someone at eBay STILL feels my S&H charges are "too high" (cause, you know, eBay wants us to INCLUDE FREE shipping in all our listings ANYWAYS, so they can take a percentage of THAT part as well), then you can discuss it with me IN PERSON.

Dude you crack me up. I love your responses about this mess. I'm sitting here just giggling reading all your responses.....

I haven't even read through this thread but based solely on the title... I have to be blunt.

EBay sucks.

They've become a depot for the criminals they seem intent on cultivating.

They've become greedy.

Ten plus years ago they were revolutionary.

What do I want them to do differently?

Nothing.

They've done enough... really.

I hope they just continue doing what they're doing so ultimately they'll go away and make room for another enterprising start up.

I fully understand that some of you on here do very well on eBay and I would hope you would have as much success and even more with another site that's more of a market place than some resemblance of an irresponsible corporation.

rantrant

A couple of years ago, eBay sent me an invite on coming to one of their customer seminars, where buyers and sellers can come to a eBay convention. They had a bunch of different focus groups where "we" could let them know what "we" liked and didn't like. The kicker.....it cost $75 per person! So I have to pay EBAY to make EBAY better, so you can charge me more money? I don't agree with anything they have done since about 2002, and 14 years of buying and selling on their site has gone down to almost nil.

I went over 10 years with no negative feedback, and I get feedback from buyers who pay for something, and hit me with a neg two days later, because they haven't received the item (they were in Japan for *spoon* sake! Hello?). How many times do I have to send something out and have customers freak out because it's not there next day, when they want media mail shipping (which we can't do any more anyway).

It seems like it's a little late for this small gesture to the comic community eBay, you should have been more on the ball in the first place and not let the "community" get to be so bad in the first place.

So.............how are those changes going to bring the Bay back to the forefront of the back issue market.................hello, anyone.............hello, hello, hello is anybody in there...........you are witnessing a slow.....drawn out death methinks.......for selling comics anyway on the Bay.

Sitting on the dock of the Bay......watching comic books be shilled away. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay while their Brass looks the other way.......... :insane:

So.............how are those changes going to bring the Bay back to the forefront of the back issue market.................hello, anyone.............hello, hello, hello is anybody in there...........you are witnessing a slow.....drawn out death methinks.......for selling comics anyway on the Bay.

Sitting on the dock of the Bay......watching comic books be shilled away. Sitting on the Dock of the Bay while their Brass looks the other way.......... :insane:

This post sucks. I want to hear about sammiches.

OK, I'm here and after posting this thread, what, 24 hours ago...there are 7 pages of comments I need to sift through!!!!!!!!!

I work at eBay, I'm part of a team looking at revisiting the entire Collectibles "strategy" and as a long time comic book guy, I totally get all the frustations everyone is posting. And the word "drone" is not only misleading...but offensive :)

Keep the comments coming. At some point in the next couple of days I'll have the time to synthesize everything and bring it back to the internal team. And I'm hoping to respond to some of you individually throughout the thread to get some clarification in some of your thoughts.Thx everyone!!!!

So you work for Ebay but still haven`t responded back to anyone in 6 months.

Wow, great communication skills on your part. Ebay hired the best. (thumbs u

This post sucks. I want to hear about sammiches.

Ask and ye shall recieve......had some left over zesty meatballs from the SB party, so lightly toasted a hoagie roll, then got some of the thin strips of green peppers left over as well......slapped the above in the hoagie w/ some shredded mozzarella......man, it was a beautiful thing...The Post Super Bowl Zesty Meatball Hoagie Sammich........... :cloud9:

Hey everyone...I'm a very long time comic book collector first and foremost, and an eBay employee second.

Here's the thing - we'd love to make some changes to the category, especially within sub-categories like Comic Books...I'd love to get all of the comic book enthusiasts involved, so I'd love to use this new post to throw out some (hopefully great) ideas to get your input.

Couple things off the bat:

1. Who are the primary comic book sites that are getting a big chunk of your $$$?

Comiclink?

Pedigree Comics?

eBay?

Others?

2. Why are the above sites the main ones you visit and spend your money on?

3. In general, How interested would you be if eBay brought back Bidder Id's so you can track who's bidding on comics (or other Collectibles) across the site?

4. How interested would you be in searching for comics on eBay (or anything within Collectibles) by # of bids, rather than or in addition to Best Match, Time Ending Soonest, etc.?

Those are good enough for now. Lots more questions and thoughts that I'd love to throw out to the community...but after we work on the above :)

Thx!!

Jeffles

I guess he was fired for actually suggesting putting the customer first?

If you're still there and see this guy walking down the halls of Ebay can you punch him in the head for all of us?

donahoe.jpg