• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A year ago this week

59 posts in this topic

I never personally met Nik, but he made a strong impression to me and to these boards

of being not only a solid collector but a strong person of outstanding character and nature.

He left us to soon, and I almost choked-up when I found out.

To me it speaks volumes if someone can do that and your only connection with them is online.

Gone but never forgotten.

We love you like a brother Nik,

_wally

83092.jpg

It's amazing what an impact someone can have on a community and how long that impact lasts.

As others have noted, what made Nik great was his character more than anything else.

I hope you're at peace my friend.

Like everyone else here, I miss Nik. Even Ellen still asks about him, talk about leaving an impression on a kid.

RIP Nikos

While Nik and I never met, it was clear to me from his interactions on the boards, through PMs with him, and all of the friends he had on the boards, that Nik was one of those extremely rare guys who lived in sincerity.

I've told this story a few times here, but I think it demonstrates the strength of Nik's character:

Nik was looking for a car part for someone. I gave Nik the number for a parts yard here and Nik got the part. It was also the day I nailed the grade on the first book in Nik's grading contest, which tunred out into a hilarious back and forth PM with Nik who mercilessly teased me about whether I got a book correct or not.

Turned out the car part was for an old lady who was on a fixed income. Nik did the work for her at no cost.

:angel: Nik :angel:

For Nik's close friends here on the boards; take time not for sorrow, but for honoring moments of the best of times with Nik. :foryou:

Wow. It doesn't seem that long ago. I too never met him, but he and I had some friendly banter, especially during one of his famous grading contests. A true gentleman and an all around nice man.

He's very missed, but also never forgotten. :foryou:

I was organizing my comics last week when I came across two BA books I'd purchased from Nik. I had kept the handwritten note with the titles and grades written on it together with the books.

:(

He will always be remembered here on the boards. I wish all the best to his family.

By the way has Niks family recieved the Flintstones cell that we all signed yet?

It's coming my way right now and I will send it off the last person right after that, so potentially it will be ready to go to Nik's family by the end of next week.