• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Double Comic

29 posts in this topic

Hi Folks

seeking some advice here. I have a Defenders 43 which i guess is about 5.0 maybe 6.0. It has a double printing of the comic inside i.e. only one cover, but two printings of the actual comic. I know double covers are out there, but cant find much on double comics. Is it worth me sending to CGC or is it still pretty arb?

thanks

Alex

It's less common than a double cover, but there are known examples of double insides.

There are people that collect these anomalies specifically so there's a market for it, but I doubt they'd pay any more for it if it's slabbed.

Maybe if it were 9.6, but not at 6.0.

Hi Folks

seeking some advice here. I have a Defenders 43 which i guess is about 5.0 maybe 6.0. It has a double printing of the comic inside i.e. only one cover, but two printings of the actual comic. I know double covers are out there, but cant find much on double comics. Is it worth me sending to CGC or is it still pretty arb?

thanks

Alex

Welcome to the boards. (thumbs u

thankyou...so much to learn...so little time!

Are you on a time crunch or just really old?

:baiting:

Neither. Just taking a peak into the vast gulf that is the collective knowledge of comics!

:hi: Welcome to the board Alex, I and several others here on the board collect stuff like this and Yes like Dice said the Double Page books are much harder to find than Double Cover books guess that type error just did not happen very often. (shrug)

hm Wonder what are the odds that a comic has ever been produced with both Double Pages and a Double Cover? :baiting:

:cool: I just ordered this one and it is a Double Sized issue so I am guessing it will have 128 pages, must be very thick and a tight fit in that CGC slab. :cloud9:

393078701_o.jpg

:gossip: What's the Deal with that SUPERMAN #621 is it a Double Cover with the second cover at the center? :cool:

There's a complete second book bound at the centerfold.

:o Cool so you actually have a book with both Double Pages and Double Cover. :cool:

:baiting: You need to get that thing graded, I would like to see how it gets Labeled maybe just Manuafacturing Error or Double Cover/Manuafacturing Error. hm

:gossip: What's the Deal with that SUPERMAN #621 is it a Double Cover with the second cover at the center? :cool:

There's a complete second book bound at the centerfold.

:o Cool so you actually have a book with both Double Pages and Double Cover. :cool:

:baiting: You need to get that thing graded, I would like to see how it gets Labeled maybe just Manuafacturing Error or Double Cover/Manuafacturing Error. hm

I guess you could call it a Double Pages and Double Cover. I prefer to call it a book with a complete second book bound at the centerfold.

@ jazzy - I wouldn't mind the green label in this case.