• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor trailer

71 posts in this topic

Is it just me, or was this trailer stupidly long?

I guess I was curious to see as much as possible...

but what happened to a 'teaser' trailer first? :shrug:

I don't think it was so much too long as it was dis-jointed.

But overall, it looked good I thought. I'm more optimistic after seeing it than before, so it did its job.

The scenes in Asgard look great (thumbs u

Is it just me, or was this trailer stupidly long?

I guess I was curious to see as much as possible...

but what happened to a 'teaser' trailer first? :shrug:

I don't think it was so much too long as it was dis-jointed.

But overall, it looked good I thought. I'm more optimistic after seeing it than before, so it did its job.

The scenes in Asgard look great (thumbs u

+1

The trailer looks better than I anticipated. There may be hope yet.

I hope that there are a number of more complex sub-plots interwoven into the story.

The story of a Thor banished for adolescent behaviour, who must face Destroyer/Loki to regain the freedom of Asgard, won't be enough to carry the bulk of a film.

Wow! Looks really cool.

I guess they aren't going with the origin where Donald Blake becomes Thor.

Thor just moved into my "buy" column.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Are they changing the story so there's no Donald Blake?

Wow! Looks really cool.

I guess they aren't going with the origin where Donald Blake becomes Thor.

Thor just moved into my "buy" column.

Yeah, what's the deal with that? Are they changing the story so there's no Donald Blake?

Probably so, yes--they're using the Ultimate version of Thor. They've done that with most of the other Marvel movie hero origins as well.

I hope that there are a number of more complex sub-plots interwoven into the story.

The story of a Thor banished for adolescent behaviour, who must face Destroyer/Loki to regain the freedom of Asgard, won't be enough to carry the bulk of a film.

With a few twists and turns, I actually think this is precisely what's needed. Over-burdening the storyline doesn't work (see Spidey 3, X-Men 3, etc.) and a clear, linear story to set up the character helps with the greater audience.

looks very cool, but there may be a bit to much going on for a 2 and a half hour flik

I hope I'm very wrong though

I'm sure it's not 2 1/2 hours long ... 150 minutes is awefuly long for a movie and to sustain that length it needs to be epic.. this doesnt look like it qualifies as an epic to me....

Personally I think that they're better off not being encumbered with the whole Donald Blake story. I don't think it would translate well to the film.

looks very cool, but there may be a bit to much going on for a 2 and a half hour flik

I hope I'm very wrong though

I'm sure it's not 2 1/2 hours long ... 150 minutes is awefuly long for a movie and to sustain that length it needs to be epic.. this doesnt look like it qualifies as an epic to me....

exactly my point.

I think it looks too cluttered for 150 min, and its probably 130 max

Personally I think that they're better off not being encumbered with the whole Donald Blake story. I don't think it would translate well to the film.

I have to throw up the obligatory old fart vote, and say publicly this trailer made me completely lose interest in the movie.

I have to throw up the obligatory old fart vote, and say publicly this trailer made me completely lose interest in the movie.

What could possibly make you lose interest? (shrug)

If I was standing next to the Destroyer suit right now I would be tempted to don the suit and lower the visor on you right now. :grin: What's not to like now that the Destroyer is in this movie? I will go see it just to watch him level a few buildings. :cloud9:

I know they have to focus Thor on earth because only the first movie but I'm looking forward to sequel's that focus him mainly on Asgard battling, trolls, Hela, etc.

It looks really good! I like how they keep the Shield agent the same in all the movies. I can't wait for this string of Movies...Thor, Cap, Avengers, IM 3....jeez!

What could possibly make you lose interest? (shrug)

I guess I just have no interest in seeing Thor V3. I have too many memories wrapped up in the orginal series, and would loved to have seen a true attempt at recreating what lee and kirby achieved. I'm not saying that the movie is without merit, without an audience, or may not be a great success, but for me it's not what I was hoping for. I am completely used to hollywood failing me though, when ellie mae dropped th f-bomb in the beverly hillbillies I knew I was over it.