• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

I love Mad. Interest in them does seem to be declining though. That's OK. More Mad for me!

I agree. I have not pursued Mad on E-bay very often recently, but when I have the prices for books from the early 60's seem very reasonable, compared to what I remember from about 10 years back.

Back cover of issue # 208

MAD_208B.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

I bought twenty or thirty issues, from say, #50 to #75 about 15 years ago for $5 each at my local comic store. I got a great deal. I was at Wondercon this past April and picked about about 12 Mads, all the ones I needed to fill in from about #50 to #100 for $4 each. Again, I got a great deal. But I got them at about the cost of a copy of Mad off the newstands. I could hardly believe it. I may have mentioned that I saw a waterstained #24 on ebay passed up at $9.95 then go when it was put up a second time, for $20. I bought my #24 for just under $60 in about VG. Mad was a very influential magazine. I can hardly believe that so few people are paying attention to it these days.

I may have mentioned that I saw a waterstained #24 on ebay passed up at $9.95 then go when it was put up a second time, for $20. I bought my #24 for just under $60 in about VG.

Was it this one? Oh wait, you said water stained.

:roflmao:

I may have mentioned that I saw a waterstained #24 on ebay passed up at $9.95 then go when it was put up a second time, for $20. I bought my #24 for just under $60 in about VG.

Was it this one? Oh wait, you said water stained.

:roflmao:

Sarcastic use of græmlins :cloud9:

:popcorn:

At the risk of spamming, I am hoping this group could help me find a nice high grade copy of Mad #101. I don't care if it is slabbed or not. I had it suggested to me to try here rather than just the WTB section.

Please PM me!

Thank you!