• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do I do with this beauty now?

16 posts in this topic

After seeing Redhook's series of photos from a couple of weeks ago, I vote for the "kitchen cutting board" option.

Since I have recently upgraded to a 9.2, I just don't know what to do with this. Sell it? Crack it? Burn it? Doorstop? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

In the interest of accuracy, that was Zeman that was using his books as a cutting board (shudder!). I just hacked off the spine roll with some scissors. Actually, that's a nice book. Crack it. You need a reading copy.

thumbsup2.gif

Since I have recently upgraded to a 9.2, I just don't know what to do with this. Sell it? Crack it? Burn it? Doorstop? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sell it on eBay, you should be able to get close to Guide on it. There's actually not that many slabbed copies of lower grade non-keys, so people who collect lower grade copies are pretty happy when one comes on the market.

Emancipate the book, clean it and press it, resub it and get a 9.2 ! All you need is Wonder Bread and a phone book... eat the bread while you look up Matt Nelson's phone number, and you're well on your way !

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I have turned down the offers from Heritage and Comic Keys, and wish to free the little bugger from its prison. 893applaud-thumb.gif

So obviously, the next question is: how? What is the accepted way to crack a slab (meaning no chain saws)? confused-smiley-013.gif