• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So how did the AF 15 9.6 PLOD thing turn out?

25 posts in this topic

as far as i know, Fantasy is out the book. Comiclink said someone else pulled the trigger first and that the system isn't quick enough to update immediately. the person who verbally confirmed fantasy'd "buy" "has only been working there for a couple of months'.

i think it's fair to say that there is some skepticism as to what exactly transpired. a few believe that the quick and numerous responses may have triggered some second thoughts - but we'll proably never know. i, personally, think it sucks!

at least when you bid at the end of an e-bay auction you know immediately if and who won the thing........... devil.gif

Yes, and with eBay there is proof that you were outbid (even though it may be a shill).

I don't like ComicLink's private auction system were you can't even know if you were honestly outbid by amount or time. frown.gif

You are correct on all counts. I am still in the market for an AF #15. mad.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

as far as i know, Fantasy is out the book. Comiclink said someone else pulled the trigger first and that the system isn't quick enough to update immediately. the person who verbally confirmed fantasy'd "buy" "has only been working there for a couple of months'.

i think it's fair to say that there is some skepticism as to what exactly transpired. a few believe that the quick and numerous responses may have triggered some second thoughts - but we'll proably never know. i, personally, think it sucks!

at least when you bid at the end of an e-bay auction you know immediately if and who won the thing........... devil.gif

I was hoping fantasyfootballbono had recieved some proof that he honestly was beaten to the book, but I guess that would be hard for ComicLink to produce such evidence.

They need a new system! news.gif

I'm not so sure that was a ture ComicLink employee. I think it was more likely the ComicLink janitor. I mean who else would be working on a Friday Night well after 9:00 pm to recieve Fantasy's phone call?

The guy I spoke to was at a computer terminal with access to the payment system. I was about to pay for the book with a credit card until I said that I wanted to talk to Josh about the 3% credit card surcharge (disguised as a "bidder's premium"). Josh told me he was his customer service guy.

I'm not so sure that was a ture ComicLink employee. I think it was more likely the ComicLink janitor. I mean who else would be working on a Friday Night well after 9:00 pm to recieve Fantasy's phone call?

Whoever it was didn't sound old enough to be Josh's father. Brother, maybe. But not father.

That would be Jason, Josh's business partner.

And father.

Well, whatever happened, I don't feel like talking about it anymore. I'm just going to have to buy another copy of AF#15 somewhere else. It's not worth getting overly upset about it. I just won't buy from Comiclink in the future.

I'd find it hard to believe that a business partner wouldn't even know how his own business operates.

Well, whatever happened, I don't feel like talking about it anymore.

Can you talk about just a bit more, long enough to answer my previous question? I know its a sore point but this kind of stuff is good to know for the future. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't know. As far as Josh told me, the book was sold to someone who submitted a buy offer before mine, although when I talked to his assistant on the telephone, he didn't mention any previous buy orders showing up on the system. I assume that he would have had this information if such a previous offer had been made, but I really have no way of knowing for sure.

Well, whatever happened, I don't feel like talking about it anymore.

Can you talk about just a bit more, long enough to answer my previous question? I know its a sore point but this kind of stuff is good to know for the future. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif