• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

If anyone has any info on these, I would appreciate it.

Print run, value, date (I believe 1994)... thanks!

They do say Feb 1994 on the cover, so 1994 is a good bet. :baiting:

I have multiples of all 3 issues. They were issued sealed in a clear polybag. No idea about print #s or value... :sorry:

Found this one the other day. 1995-6, but reimagines the Dark Phoenix Saga in Spanish using the current X-men including Gambit and Rogue. The back cover features a Jusko cover as well. Neat find and love the back cover.

xmen42.jpg

xmen43back.jpg

Isn't that Jusko cover the same as the art from his Marvel Masterpieces Cyclops? The image looks very familiar.

I had the camera out so I figured I would give this thread a bump too :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7121/dsc02426s.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5330/dsc02427u.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4968/dsc02428zh.jpg

Three drafts of the movie -script, a photocopied version of the trade paperback, and some office correspondence from Warner Bros. concerning the -script.

Edited by dupont2005

I had the camera out so I figured I would give this thread a bump too :)

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/7121/dsc02426s.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5330/dsc02427u.jpg

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/4968/dsc02428zh.jpg

Three drafts of the movie -script, a photocopied version of the trade paperback, and some office correspondence from Warner Bros. concerning the -script.

How very cool!

(worship)

Thanks. I bought those of Craigslist for very cheap. It was an out of town Craigslist ad too, I mailed him a check and he mailed me the scripts. I figured it was a risk but the price was so low I figured I wouldn't lose too much if he decided to burn me. He also threw in a bootleg out of print super rare Pearl Jam CD that I sold on eBay and almost made all my money back with (thumbs u All said and done I think this only ended up costing me $10 :)

Another time I bought a nearly complete collection of Cherry Poptart comics from an out of town Craigslist ad. He delivered too, and the price was unbeatable. A good chunk of them were autographed too.

Found this one the other day. 1995-6, but reimagines the Dark Phoenix Saga in Spanish using the current X-men including Gambit and Rogue. The back cover features a Jusko cover as well. Neat find and love the back cover.

xmen42.jpg

xmen43back.jpg

Isn't that Jusko cover the same as the art from his Marvel Masterpieces Cyclops? The image looks very familiar.

X-Men adventures was the comic for the animated show from the 90's so that is why Gambit and newer X-Men appear in it. They were in the cartoon when the Phoenix Saga was done for the cartoon. One of the episodes from that run is where the Juggernaut person_without_enough_empathy parody was done.

I want to add more books to this thread but I'm afraid too. Especially, seeing what happened with Hulk #377 (3rd Print).
Only add after you find yours so you can watch the demand skyrocket hm

I should have waited until I found a copy first. :(

I want to add more books to this thread but I'm afraid too. Especially, seeing what happened with Hulk #377 (3rd Print).
Only add after you find yours so you can watch the demand skyrocket hm

I should have waited until I found a copy first. :(

I'm not sure if I want to talk about rare things I'm after either but I posted the Dead @ 17 book just because I never thought I would have the chance to buy one anyway. Then a couple months later a board member gave me a lead on one because I had talked about it in the rarest comics thread :applause: so it depends. If anyone has any leads on Angry Youth Comix vol. 1 :wishluck:

So ... I read through this thread and decided to contribute since i saw BeachBum's very impressive X-men 9.8's. The following are what i have encountered to be the most challenging (i hate the word rare) and are primarily Uncanny X-men focused ..

First up is UXM 245 JCPenny Stridex Reprint - You would think it shouldn't be that hard, but i've only seen two on Ebay in the last 18 months ... not expensive, but interesting.

UXM_245_STRIDEX.JPG

Next is, again, UXM 297 Pressmen. I personally didn't find this that overly hard, rather, just expensive. Took me about 6 months to track down a NM+ copy.

UXM_297_PRESSMAN.JPG

This was a very suprising one for me. UXM 320 non-deluxe... the Deluxe versions are all over the place, the Non-Deluxe took 9 months to find. I kept seeing it on Ebay, but i'd get the Deluxe version in the mail instead. the Sellers would just say "oops" ... i had to purchase 4 copies before the seller actually sent the right copy. It sucked.

UXM_320_NODELUX.JPG

This is a classic ...i've seen it a few times before, but not in high grade raw like this ... my estimate is 9.4 to 9.6 ... i just need to get off my @$$ and send it in.

XM_105_35CENT.JPG

Last two ... I swear it.. and my absolute hardest.

Avengers 77 Newsstand Error Variant and Newsstand Issue. I have only been able to indirectly validate that *seven* of these copies exist.

AVENGERS77_ERROR.JPG

... and my jewel ...

UXM_423_ERROR.JPG

I can only verify that *five* of these exist. Not to say that there's more out there, but i only know of 5 copies. I'd say this is a 9.2 to 9.4 ... i'm afraid to send it in ... i don't want it to ... er ... disappear.

I final shot of all the books together ... including a UXM 320 Newsstand (pretty hard) ...

group_hardest.JPG

Note the wine ... :hi:

BTW, i have an extra copy of UXM #245 Stridex in case anybody is interested ...

Matt

Edit: I know a couple of these books aren't the correct time period, but i just wanted to post once ...

Edited by MattP

The books I've had the hardest time finding have been the 2nd & 3rd printings from the late Batman #400s.

The only one I own is 2nd printing of Batman #497. I've also been looking for a high grade copy of Batman #457 this is easy to spot as it has "New Robin Issue" printed at the top.

I have never seen one of these in 2 years of searching!