• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Lethargic Comics Weakly (1991) #2, Detective #27

Homage/Swipe, Intro and 1st app. Batman

lethargic2.gif

Lethargic Comics Weakly 2 9.0 W $40. The most difficult one of the entire run to find – very difficult.

lizards2=quote > I'll take it. Send me an invoice. Thanks! Matt

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=138211

Anyone know the print run of this variant. Pitt #14 from Image. I had one years back and let it go. I have not seen another in a while besides 1 for sale on Atomic Avenue ($295), which is where I swiped the image from. I always loved this cover.

pitt14.jpg[/img]

This Silver Surfer book from 1995 was limited to a print run of only 742 copies.

Anyone know what they sell for ?

100_3891.jpg

The selling price is... tough to determine.

It's possible this came out during Marvel Comics Heroes World distribution foray, as a retailer incentive, but I'm just guessing.

Some of the other limited items out during that period include the Limited Edition Marvels HC which I've seen from anywhere from $200 to $20 and the Leatherbound X-Men Famous Firsts which I've only seen AT about $200.

Anyone else have any info on this?

Dunno if I posted this yet, but this is the rarest book Ultraverse ever printed.

001-59.jpg

About 200 printed, then they all vanished. The other golds show up now and again, but the Prime has shown up once in the last 5 years.

that's pretty sweet. When was it printed ... ?

Never mind. I just bought it on ebay ... seriously.

I see a SILVER holographic cover just sold for $19.99 from comix4all...was that the one you bought?

The silver holo is common.

This is the GOLD holo.

HAHA ... yes, well there you go. I guess that's what happens when you run without the research... hehe. Soooooo, tell me more about the gold .... :grin:

There you go. It's not a bad price to pay for it, even still.

The golds were made for every silver holo cover out there. They are all extremely rare, with the exception of Ultraforce, which was only produced in gold.

Most people aren't even aware the golds exist.

Was diggin' around today, found a Mantra Gold Holo....neat. ;)

Dunno if I posted this yet, but this is the rarest book Ultraverse ever printed.

001-59.jpg

About 200 printed, then they all vanished. The other golds show up now and again, but the Prime has shown up once in the last 5 years.

I see a SILVER holographic cover just sold for $19.99 from comix4all...was that the one you bought?

This is the GOLD holo.

HAHA ... yes, well there you go. I guess that's what happens when you run without the research... hehe. Soooooo, tell me more about the gold .... :grin:

The golds were made for every silver holo cover out there. They are all extremely rare, with the exception of Ultraforce, which was only produced in gold.

:takeit:

001-59.jpg

This is the GOLD holo.

:takeit:

hm ... perhaps you may TJ, perhaps..you..may :/

Lethargic Comics Weakly (1991) #2, Detective #27

Homage/Swipe, Intro and 1st app. Batman

lethargic2.gif

Lethargic Comics Weakly 2 9.0 W $40. The most difficult one of the entire run to find – very difficult.

lizards2=quote > I'll take it. Send me an invoice. Thanks! Matt

http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=138211

... and i got it in the mail. this was the second or third i saw on the boards. methinks not that hard. great cover though.

Edited by MattP

Thanks to a forum member (in Canada), I received the 3 rare 2D version of some 3D Eclipse Comics from the 80's, these have to be some of the rarest big publisher comics from that decade as only 100 copies of each were produced. Was surprised that they went for so little. They were well (almost too) packed. Thanks!

I struck Gold people :banana: Came across this rare beauty at a local flea market. I remembered you guys talking about how rare this gold version is on this thread. I had to show off my poker face when purchasing this book off the seller :sick: He had no clue of what this was, its not even in the Overstreet books as well ! the comic is in very high grade (9.8) Just need to buy the Silver holo next, for side by side reference but that should not be to hard. I only paid $1.00 dollar for this book, does anybody know the print run for this ? like to send it off to CGC for grading will they know about this rare version of the book ? Here are some of the pics I toke enjoy :grin:

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

90's Gold :cloud9:

I struck Gold people :banana: Came across this rare beauty at a local flea market. I remembered you guys talking about how rare this gold version is on this thread. I had to show off my poker face when purchasing this book off the seller :sick: He had no clue of what this was, its not even in the Overstreet books as well ! the comic is in very high grade (9.8) Just need to buy the Silver holo next, for side by side reference but that should not be to hard. I only paid $1.00 dollar for this book, does anybody know the print run for this ? like to send it off to CGC for grading will they know about this rare version of the book ? Here are some of the pics I toke enjoy :grin:

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic.

My $50 finder's fee request will be in your Paypal inbox by morning...

;)

Print run is 200.

Here's one you'll have a hard time finding.

Raw comics #1This underground comic magazine features an insert comic which is the second chapter of the Maus (by Art Spiegelman) story which was the first comic story to receive the Pulitzer Prize. I have yet to see one.

Here's one you'll have a hard time finding.

Raw comics #1This underground comic magazine features an insert comic which is the second chapter of the Maus (by Art Spiegelman) story which was the first comic story to receive the Pulitzer Prize. I have yet to see one.

Raw #1 doesn't have a Maus insert. Issue #2 has the insert for the first chapter. I don't own a Raw #1 but I see them around. Seems like they can be had for a little over $100 but if you wait and watch might find one for $50. When I was putting together my Maus collection I watched these very carefully. Lots of people on eBay really shooting for the stars with their BIN prices on these :/

Oh yeah, and it's an 80's comic :foryou:

Edited by dupont2005

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

That is absolutely fantastic.

My $50 finder's fee request will be in your Paypal inbox by morning...

;)

Print run is 200.

Upon second exam, the bottom picture makes the holo look silver. You SURE it's the gold...?

hm