• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got Heshka?
6 6

315 posts in this topic

Not GA, but some of Everett's finest later work. Not sure if this was on your checklist, Phil.

VERN_Sub-marinermedres.jpg

C'mon Ryan, get outta here... that is just A W E S O M E. :o

Yeah, it makes me happy every day! :cloud9::cloud9:

Not GA, but some of Everett's finest later work. Not sure if this was on your checklist, Phil.

Why you.... :sumo:

(:

:golfclap:

Wow, that one is magnificent Ryan. That one goes right to the top of my favorites list. I have to go consult my Gerber's silver age books now. Just fantastic. Really nice work!

Wow, that one is magnificent Ryan. That one goes right to the top of my favorites list. I have to go consult my Gerber's silver age books now. Just fantastic. Really nice work!

Sub-mariner 57 - Jan 1973

It just made me happy for the first time!

Wow! Ryan, you are by far, one of the finest artists with a unique touch of capturing the essence of the golden age. I've paid visits to your website in the past as well and truly enjoy each piece you've done.

Can you comment on a typical price range of these commissions that members have shared? I would be interested to inquire on a piece, your time frame, etc.

Typical,crazy good Heska.

76c493d9.jpg

Amazing colors, and style aside. It's the lettering that makes it all work, for me anyways.

Incredible.

(thumbs u

Typical,crazy good Heska.

76c493d9.jpg

Amazing colors, and style aside. It's the lettering that makes it all work, for me anyways.

Incredible.

(thumbs u

even better framed on my wall Kenny :)

0ba322c6.jpg

Edited by Primetime

Well, just got another fantastic Heshka in the mail yesterday--did a custom Joker splash that ended up turning into an unplanned Batman 1 variant cover. I wanted the Joker interior splash to the first joker story to be the main focus, but without the word panels and with the batman logo from the Bat 1 cover. Ryan suggested making a giant Joker by including buildings in the foreground mixed with some Bat 1 details---red buildings, yellow background...the fog and bats really adds to the piece but the bat signal really put it over the top for me. I'm glad I decided to replace the big word box with the bat signal. I don't know if Kane's interior splash was ever considered for the cover, but I think this would have made a great Bat 1 cover. I've posted the original Kane splash and preliminary Heshka sketches for all to compare and see the progression of the piece. The "ten cent/no.1/spring issue" was a last minute add, which was a good decision. Enjoy everyone!

Great job Ryan! Thanks :)

77D6DE53-4ECD-42C4-A1D6-12357FB45CB3-2932-000002532A47BC5B.jpg

BADAC34E-7719-4619-98D9-0216069A5D86-2932-000002535DE0F12F.jpg

1D59359D-82CC-46BF-826B-7FFA3105E891-2932-0000025471237C46.jpg

17FD13B4-1217-4F0F-B917-C5D84C32D04E-2932-00000257B212F2F5.jpg

17CDC7E2-FE04-4CD1-B6C2-95A58956AB03-2932-0000024BC5DDA730.jpg

2C7F51A4-0A61-4E3A-91B0-49C8F8A3D162-2932-00000252F66417CE.jpg