• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

I consider PGX comics to be raw comics, and pay accordingly. I would never pay a premium for their "grading" service and worthless restoration check.

I consider PGX comics to be raw comics, and pay accordingly. I would never pay a premium for their "grading" service and worthless restoration check.

Raw comics would be a safer bet.

:thumbsup:

The original post is terrifying,this Ryan Elliot would take the books to his house and switch books,slab the switched book and mail it to the customer? doh!

Not to mention being able to slab and grade your own books :flamed:

The original post is terrifying,this Ryan Elliot would take the books to his house and switch books,slab the switched book and mail it to the customer? doh!

Not to mention being able to slab and grade your own books :flamed:

not to mention that he probably doesn't have insurance to do that. :tonofbricks:

when i first came to the boards i was curious about using them.... but after reading everything here there no way in hell lol

The only thing they have going for them is pricing. Much better than CGC pricing which in my opinion is out of line.

But, PGX is pure crapola. I find it funny they have scans on their website of Action #1 graded and other very pricey books. Who in their right mind would send PGX their Action #1?!!! doh!

I'll just add that everything she's uncovered is almost verbatim what has been speculated by everyone here, and denied by PGX. :roflmao:

when i first came to the boards i was curious about using them.... but after reading everything here there no way in hell lol

The only thing they have going for them is pricing.

No no no! They have nothing going for them whatsoever. It's the price that probably gets people hooked, then before you know it, you've paid ten bucks or whatever to have your first print turned into a third print.

No no no! They have nothing going for them whatsoever. It's the price that probably gets people hooked, then before you know it, you've paid ten bucks or whatever to have your first print turned into a third print.

Ok, I hear you and you are right...the price point is so much better than CGC that it probably does entice people to try them over CGC. CGC pricing is another discussion altogether.

This story of PGX scamming is serious and if proved should shut them down!

Ok, I hear you and you are right...the price point is so much better than CGC that it probably does entice people to try them over CGC. CGC pricing is another discussion altogether.

This story of PGX scamming is serious and if proved should shut them down!

It's very easy to charge less than CGC when you have no overhead. Mom's garage can't cost much, no insurance, you pay your employees by letting them scam slab their own books so no wages being paid, etc. :makepoint:

:thumbsup:

(thumbs u (thumbs u

She just posted this...

okay,

what kind of evidence do you guys want?

I worked for the company when Daniel and I were still dating. Now he's pissed me off and I want to expose his company. I've seen too much the past ten years or so to just sit by and let him get away with scamming people anymore.

Yes, it's petty and cruel, but I don't care anymore.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.