• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do not miss this thread: Mystery lady blows the lid off PGX?

486 posts in this topic

So "Allison" was Daniel responding to emails?

Wow. This guy is really twisted.

I don't think that is what was said...I think the woman in the pic is Allison...

I could be wrong though as this whole situation is twisted! :ohnoez:

Read again, as I posted the question and her response.

Supposedly, it was Daniel. :screwy:

I don't think that is what was said...I think the woman in the pic is Allison...

Just read your post again with the added info...

You are right and it is twisted. Has anyone called the BBB on this company? I'm surprised CGC hasn't tried to shut this POS company down.

I consider PGX comics to be raw comics, and pay accordingly. I would never pay a premium for their "grading" service and worthless restoration check.

Raw comics would be a safer bet.

indeed...we bought a pgx ext. Restored Superman 1 that had a recreated back cover that pgx either intentionally or possibly accidentally missed...talk about a Disaster ...how can this "company" still be in business. (shrug)

This hobby has a lot of drama considering it is just comics. :shrug:

momma32's post has two disturbing statements.

That a grader can take books home to grade allowing him ample opportunity to swap/steal books. This statement also suggests that books are sometimes graded by only one grader.

Perhaps even more disturbing is that the grader is allowed to grade and encase his own books. A huge conflict of interest and a licence to defraud collectors. Any interior defect like a missing centerfold, severe tanning or a cut out Marvel Value stamp on a Hulk 181 is pure gold.

Or a coupon cut out of an otherwise presentable ASM 3. :cry:

Learned my lesson...never again. :tonofbricks:

I consider PGX comics to be raw comics, and pay accordingly. I would never pay a premium for their "grading" service and worthless restoration check.

indeed...we bought a pgx ext. Restored Superman 1 that had a recreated back cover that pgx either intentionally or possibly accidentally missed...talk about a Disaster ...how can this "company" still be in business. (shrug)

Were you able to get a refund on the book? That's an expensive mistake!

Has anyone called the BBB on this company? I'm surprised CGC hasn't tried to shut this POS company down.

What authorities give a rip about encapsulated comics? (shrug)

Printed polybag labels touting "3 comics for a dollar" probably have more governing regulations than some grade "certification" label.

Basically just an opinion printed on paper, so what laws govern that?

Were you able to get a refund on the book? That's an expensive mistake!

s refund lol we just discovered it yesterday here in Chicago...not above pursuing legal action if need be hm

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, Rick. :sorry:
3 ospg advisors all have seen,witnessed and confirmed ...I have said all along I would never buy a pgx book again ands while I was assisting a friend with this purchase I should have expected the result

Where have I seen that before? hm

tootsie-415x700.jpg

Has anyone called the BBB on this company? I'm surprised CGC hasn't tried to shut this POS company down.

Printed polybag labels touting "3 comics for a dollar" probably have more governing regulations than some grade "certification" label.

Right. Customers are paying for a grading and restoration opinion and encapsulation... and that's what they are getting. There is no law against what he's doing anymore than a law against a restaurant that serves lousy tasting food.

Unless there was proof that customer books were being stolen and switched out, what can any authority do?

Where have I seen that before? hm

:roflmao:

One of the items on the PGX site should be changed.

What makes PGX stand out?

Friendly and Personal Service - We are committed to satisfying our customers and we are flexible in dealing with each customer's needs when it comes to getting their books professionally graded. Even our made-up staff will uphold the highest standards when dealing with you.

Right. Customers are paying for a grading and restoration opinion and encapsulation... and that's what they are getting. There is no law against what he's doing anymore than a law against a restaurant that serves lousy tasting food.

Unless there was proof that customer books were being stolen and switched out, what can any authority do?

The staggering ease of printing money via "grade" labels for collectibles seems to be one of the most corrupting forces known to man.

Ryan Elliott's latest e-Bay account is vondoom Caveat emptor.

Here's an interesting 2004 "Ryan Elliott" thread: Is ebay userId barksducksuo=Donovan Elliot (restoration professional from CGG)??

WOW. So Ryan Elliot used to sell early DCs with the wrong covers on them. Anyone else think like me that he may have taken the covers off these comics, married them to unrelated interiors, encapsulated the married books into PGX Universal slabs, and sold them as high grade unrestored early DCs?

Bob, one of the big time war guys (Shep, Andy Greenham etc.) I can't remember which one, got burned on that scam a couple of years ago and blew the lid off the scam. The scammer was marrying remaindered/half-cover/no cover books with those beautiful covers and grading them 9.4+ even though the interior pages were wrecked. There is a big thread on it somewhere. IIRC, there was a huge tear on one of the interior pages when the slab was opened.

I think this is what you're talking about Sean.

DRX

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2381928&fpart=1

After reading this I'm freaked out about the 2 PGX books I own. I posted pics over in Please Buddy Can You Spare a Grade if anyone wants to check them out.

I'm seriously considering cracking them and sending to CGC...

I would crack them and re-submit to CGC anyway. (shrug)

What's wrong with just cracking them and enjoying them? :shrug:

Why not just enjoy cracking them? (shrug)

Why not just enjoy crack? (shrug)

Why not just enjoy? (shrug)

I'm just enjoying all the why not (shrug)

All good advice... I think I've decided to enjoy cracking them, then I'll enjoy reading them, then I'll enjoy enjoying them, and then if I have some time maybe I'll enjoy some crack (they sell that in Dallas right?) (thumbs u

After reading this I'm freaked out about the 2 PGX books I own. I posted pics over in Please Buddy Can You Spare a Grade if anyone wants to check them out.

I'm seriously considering cracking them and sending to CGC...

I would crack them and re-submit to CGC anyway. (shrug)

What's wrong with just cracking them and enjoying them? :shrug:

Why not just enjoy cracking them? (shrug)

Why not just enjoy crack? (shrug)

Why not just enjoy? (shrug)

I'm just enjoying all the why not (shrug)

All good advice... I think I've decided to enjoy cracking them, then I'll enjoy reading them, then I'll enjoy enjoying them, and then if I have some time maybe I'll enjoy some crack (they sell that in Dallas right?) (thumbs u

PGX would have no problem selling it to you in one of their cases after Ryan takes it home, but it may taste like rock candy when you break it out.