• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Morning Glories Thread

350 posts in this topic

Image Comics is rushing to press a third printing of MORNING GLORIES #1, written by Nick Spencer and drawn by Joe Eisma with covers by Rodin Esquejo. The third printing of MORNING GLORIES #1 will be available the same day as issue #2, September 15.

From Image's web-site... Crazy huh?

it's NUTS :insane:

It better be good with all this hype lol

Did you find out what the print runs where ?

Nope - can't find any info on those numbers... EDIT - Just found some numbers - 1st print run was 17,000

I haven't seen a 1st print copy sell for less than $26 on Fee-Bay this week - the word of mouth is starting to lead to big hype.

I remember that it took Chew a couple of weeks for it to climb up though. I don't remember anyone paying $75 for a raw Chew book three weeks after it was released.

Need to work on the memory skills Adonis :baiting: It was up over $50 within a week.

it's NUTS :insane:

It better be good with all this hype lol

Did you find out what the print runs where ?

Nope - can't find any info on those numbers... EDIT - Just found some numbers - 1st print run was 17,000

I haven't seen a 1st print copy sell for less than $26 on Fee-Bay this week - the word of mouth is starting to lead to big hype.

Where did you find your numbers? That 17K seems waaaaay high.

Chew was over $75 by now and has a smaller print run :)

Nope. Your timeline is way off. 2 weeks after release, Chew was about a $15 book. I'm sure I can go back and find my sales in paypal, but I was able to snatch up 11 copies up to 3 weeks after it came out and it was selling for $15-25 online.

It wasn't at $50 a week after release.

Chew started going higher once people were able to read the later printings.

Amazingly, this book is ahead of the Chew curve. Will it last? It depends on whether the next few issues are good (particularly #2).