• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Morning Glories Thread

350 posts in this topic

I just re-read it. It's pretty damn good. Lots and lots of questions.

It's the kind of book that makes me want to flip back and forth while reading it and that's always a good sign. Most comics, I can't wait to get to the last page just so I can be done with them. This book makes me want to take my time with it and those are the ones I love best.

I'll probably re-read it again in another week or definitely before #2 comes out.

It was released last week and sold out. Not that uncommon for an Image comic book. But it looks like Morning Glories by Nick Spencer and Joe Eisma is imitating the sales pattern of both Chew and Walking Dead.

Major promotion from Image wasn’t exactly backed by confident ordering from retailers. So this was quite likely to happen. Lots of people want the school superfiction comic. Not enough people have them for sale.

As Image already race to get a second print out, copies of the first print are already selling from $11 to $15 on eBay. And as people snap up all the Buy It Now at $3.99 offerings from unaware sellers, expect the availability to reduce and the scalping to increase…

Buy now or pay later it looks like we got a hit here.

Chew and WD had completely different sales patterns when they were released. Chew also hit $75 plus by now. This is more like Stumptown which means it has reahed it's high 2c

The sales pattern might be similar to Stumptown but I think people bought Stumptown based on hype rather that its story or art, I think people see potential in the story of Morning Glories and are buying it because they think it could run for quite a while and be a hit.

Anyone know what the print run was for Morning Glories #1?

Either way it is not following the pattern of Chew or WD.

WD was more of a slow burn than Chew was, wasn't it? It seemed like it picked up steam steadily, and yes quickly, but if I recall, #1 was $25-50 at the time 7 was on the stands. Which would be different from Chew, which I didn't pay attention to, that shot up super fast.

PS: I hope Morning Glories BLOWS UP!! :devil:

The sales pattern might be similar to Stumptown but I think people bought Stumptown based on hype rather that its story or art, I think people see potential in the story of Morning Glories and are buying it because they think it could run for quite a while and be a hit.

Anyone know what the print run was for Morning Glories #1?

Really? Stumptown had hype and the book about teenagers in schoolgirl uniforms doesn't?

Really? Stumptown had hype and the book about teenagers in schoolgirl uniforms doesn't?

I'm saying Stumptown only had hype, No story or art to back it up. Morning Glories by lots other peoples reviews and my own opinion seems to have a potential story to back up the hype.