• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Morning Glories Thread

350 posts in this topic

Really? Stumptown had hype and the book about teenagers in schoolgirl uniforms doesn't?

I'm saying Stumptown only had hype, No story or art to back it up. Morning Glories by lots other peoples reviews and my own opinion seems to have a potential story to back up the hype.

Are you suggesting that the people who shelled out triple-digit amounts for 9.8 copies of Stumptown #1 are probably wishing they had their money back? hm

If only there was such a thing as a money back hype guarantee! lol

Really? Stumptown had hype and the book about teenagers in schoolgirl uniforms doesn't?

I'm saying Stumptown only had hype, No story or art to back it up. Morning Glories by lots other peoples reviews and my own opinion seems to have a potential story to back up the hype.

I think Stumptown had nothing but a great story and illustration. They dared to not make the main female protagonist a huge breasted high heel wearing vixen with machine guns, they dared to not imitate Jim Lee, Todd McFarlane, Erik Larsen, Michael Turner, and so many other "popular" illustrators that look exactly like the guy before them. I was actually surprised when people started paying money for Stumptown for those exact reasons. It's not a book that's meant to look good in a slab in a box, it's the kind of book you have to open up to enjoy. I agree the artwork didn't look like Danger Girl, but to some people that's a good thing ;)

Are you suggesting that the people who shelled out triple-digit amounts for 9.8 copies of Stumptown #1 are probably wishing they had their money back? hm

I can tell you that there is :) Sometimes ;)

i believe the death of captain america hooked many more suckers than stumptown

Sold both of my copies I had for sale today one at auction and the other at BIN price. I found 2 more today, but think I will hold onto to them to have a set.

I think prices might fall some in a week or so when 2nd print comes out or may drive it a little higher who knows. The 2nd print and issue 2 should really focus if the book has legs or not.

Just read it, it's good stuff.

I can loosely see the comparisons to Lost, what with all the "Easter eggs" all over the place in the story. There's a lot of room for expansion and red herrings which can be fun if the writer can juggle them all and keep it going.

I'm in for a few issues!

does the cover differ from the 1st and 2nd print, I saw it at my LCS but didnt know if it was 1st print or not

Robert, first print has the entire class and it's an off-blue cover. Second print is white with just the girl on the cover.

I just got my 2 copies from DCBS. I'm cheap, so I only get shipping once a month. You guys have been killing me with the early good reviews. Anyway, mine came with a couple of head sketches on cards by the artist, Joe Eisma.

Can't wait to read them.

Joe Eisma is a super cool guy. Ran into him at my LCS a couple weeks back and again at the Dallas Comic Con this past weekend. I had picked up a copy of the first print from him at the LCS and a sketch he had done at the con and was just talking with him in general about the book when he comped me copies at the DCC and said "I know how much these are going for on ebay. You should definately flip them" We both had a good laugh about it.