• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World Austin Comic Con - 11/12/10 - 11/14/10

117 posts in this topic

I love in Austin...

I used to do all my lovin' in Austin. Where are to good places to love in Austin these days?

Whats' his name ?

Phil

Jeez Louise....I go out of town for a few days and come back to see my typo has brought out the silly nillies. :) I should say that I LIVE in Austin......however, I do love it here too. :)

It seems that alot of folks are concentrating on Saturday as their main day to come. I say this based on some of the info I am getting from the thread I posted in General. If everyone loves good Mexican food, Matt's El Rancho is a good choice. Not too far from the Convention center, and would have enough room to seat a large group of us. Matt's is the King of All Tex-Mex. Guero's is another good choice and it is very close to the Con. Parking may be an issue and all of us getting to sit together might be tough after a UT game on a Saturday night. Also, barbecue is a good choice.....and would love to take a group to the Salt Lick.....but that might be a little bit of a hike for some of you as it is about 25 miles outside of town. We have a week or so to talk about it.

Come on, I'm supposed to be the negative one.

Interested in:

Ethan Van Scriver

Arthur Suydam

Joe Mad

Rob Guillory

Ale Garza

Some are likely interested in:

Greg Horn

Bill Sienkiewicz

Mike Grell

Michael Golden

Come on, I'm supposed to be the negative one.

Interested in:

Ethan Van Scriver

Arthur Suydam

Joe Mad

Rob Guillory

Ale Garza

Some are likely interested in:

Greg Horn

Bill Sienkiewicz

Mike Grell

Michael Golden

Yep, that's the cream of the crop for this show. Thanks for making my point for me... (thumbs u

Jeez Louise....I go out of town for a few days and come back to see my typo has brought out the silly nillies. :) I should say that I LIVE in Austin......however, I do love it here too. :)

It seems that alot of folks are concentrating on Saturday as their main day to come. I say this based on some of the info I am getting from the thread I posted in General. If everyone loves good Mexican food, Matt's El Rancho is a good choice. Not too far from the Convention center, and would have enough room to seat a large group of us. Matt's is the King of All Tex-Mex. Guero's is another good choice and it is very close to the Con. Parking may be an issue and all of us getting to sit together might be tough after a UT game on a Saturday night. Also, barbecue is a good choice.....and would love to take a group to the Salt Lick.....but that might be a little bit of a hike for some of you as it is about 25 miles outside of town. We have a week or so to talk about it.

Scott, you know LM, Abel and I will travel to wherever the dinner is, but I think Salt Lick (as amazing as it is) presents something of a logistical challenge. One, getting folks there, but also fighting the Saturday crowd. On the plus side, two weeks from now UT may have disbanded their football program, eliminating the game crowd issue.

Scott, you know LM, Abel and I will travel to wherever the dinner is, but I think Salt Lick (as amazing as it is) presents something of a logistical challenge. One, getting folks there, but also fighting the Saturday crowd. One the plus side, two weeks from now UT may have disbanded their football program, eliminating the game crowd issue.

:cry:

Scott, you know LM, Abel and I will travel to wherever the dinner is, but I think Salt Lick (as amazing as it is) presents something of a logistical challenge. One, getting folks there, but also fighting the Saturday crowd. One the plus side, two weeks from now UT may have disbanded their football program, eliminating the game crowd issue.

+1 Losing to Baylor is just plain awful. Unfortunately I doubt it will have much impact on the number of people in town that day.

Matt's was one of my favorites when I was in school, and Salt Lick is also delicious. But it's really in BFE, and you're on some dark country roads late at night. Just FYI...

+1 Losing to Baylor is just plain awful. Unfortunately I doubt it will have much impact on the number of people in town that day.

Matt's was one of my favorites when I was in school, and Salt Lick is also delicious. But it's really in BFE, and you're on some dark country roads late at night. Just FYI...

... and byob there if you want big people drinks.