• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

You may be right and Andrea overhearing the conversation might be setting that up. Until that happens I feel like Rick is missing some depth to his character.

I'd list him at the top as well followed by the guy who should already be dead by now. I like Shane's character but I I wonder like someone pointed out that Rick's character seems to have suffered.

In the comic Rick dealing with Lori/Shane and then how he reacts to Judy is part of Rick's character. Now I tend to side with Shane and almost want Rick out of the picture. The scene outside the church with Shane/Lori really hit this home. Other then the Zombies and everything that goes with that what internal conflicts does Rick have? Seems like a lucky SOB from my point of view. His family unit is intact and he is surrounded by potential zombie fodder. Nothing like the comic in that regard.

That being said. I LOVE the show. This is a grade A attempt to bring Walking Dead to the small screen.

"Like the man in the stall said to the guy waiting, give me time." - Al Bundy

Remember, TV Rick knows about the pregnancy (I'm pretty sure that's what was whispered to him). Which means TV Rick either knows Lori had an affair, or will when the birth timeline gets revealed (like in the comics). I think it will blow up soon on the TV show too.

I've never really thought that Lori had an "affair." She definitely thought Rick was dead on the show and, I think, thought the same thing in the comic. Her husband's died, she's now a single mom and the world's gone to Spoon. She's an emotional wreck and here is Shane, Rick's friend who she knows and trusts. It happened. My recollection is that she thought of it as a one-off while Shane was the one who secretly pined for her and now had the real chance.

I also gotta say that I like TV Shane better than comic Shane. More rounded and we're more involved with him. It will make it that much more touching when Carl knocks him off.

I also don't think CDC guy whispered that to Rick. They hardly knew each other and I can't remember if Shane and Lori talked about that at CDC while on tape so don't know if CDC guy even knew. I think the whisper was more like "there is no cure" or "you will regret leaving here" or something more philosophical. Not "Watch for out for Shane, he banged your wife."

2c

I'd list him at the top as well followed by the guy who should already be dead by now. I like Shane's character but I I wonder like someone pointed out that Rick's character seems to have suffered.

In the comic Rick dealing with Lori/Shane and then how he reacts to Judy is part of Rick's character. Now I tend to side with Shane and almost want Rick out of the picture. The scene outside the church with Shane/Lori really hit this home. Other then the Zombies and everything that goes with that what internal conflicts does Rick have? Seems like a lucky SOB from my point of view. His family unit is intact and he is surrounded by potential zombie fodder. Nothing like the comic in that regard.

That being said. I LOVE the show. This is a grade A attempt to bring Walking Dead to the small screen.

Remember, TV Rick knows about the pregnancy (I'm pretty sure that's what was whispered to him). Which means TV Rick either knows Lori had an affair, or will when the birth timeline gets revealed (like in the comics). I think it will blow up soon on the TV show too.

I've never really thought that Lori had an "affair." She definitely thought Rick was dead on the show and, I think, thought the same thing in the comic. Her husband's died, she's now a single mom and the world's gone to Spoon. She's an emotional wreck and here is Shane, Rick's friend who she knows and trusts. It happened. My recollection is that she thought of it as a one-off while Shane was the one who secretly pined for her and now had the real chance.

I also gotta say that I like TV Shane better than comic Shane. More rounded and we're more involved with him. It will make it that much more touching when Carl knocks him off.

I agree with everything you said. You're right, I shouldn't have used the word affair.

I also don't think CDC guy whispered that to Rick. They hardly knew each other and I can't remember if Shane and Lori talked about that at CDC while on tape so don't know if CDC guy even knew. I think the whisper was more like "there is no cure" or "you will regret leaving here" or something more philosophical. Not "Watch for out for Shane, he banged your wife." 2c

Here I disagree. Remember, the price of admission into the compound was that everyone take a BLOOD TEST. You can definitely tell a woman is pregnant from bloodwork. So it makes perfect sense for the doctor to find out she was pregnant, and whisper to Rick, "I analyzed everyone blood and your wife is pregnant." (thumbs u

I agree with everything you said. You're right, I shouldn't have used the word affair.

I also don't think CDC guy whispered that to Rick. They hardly knew each other and I can't remember if Shane and Lori talked about that at CDC while on tape so don't know if CDC guy even knew. I think the whisper was more like "there is no cure" or "you will regret leaving here" or something more philosophical. Not "Watch for out for Shane, he banged your wife." 2c

Here I disagree. Remember, the price of admission into the compound was that everyone take a BLOOD TEST. You can definitely tell a woman is pregnant from bloodwork. So it makes perfect sense for the doctor to find out she was pregnant, and whisper to Rick, "I analyzed everyone blood and your wife is pregnant." (thumbs u

I think he told her that Lori was pregnant also.

I also think the TV series is taking more time to develop the other characters where as the book just developed the other characters along the way on Rick's journey. They are flushing them out now. I think it is fantastic that we get to enjoy essentially the same story yet so different at the same time.

I didn't remember the blood test. You could be right about that then.

I see they have a new edition of the first season of The Walking Dead on DVD/Blu Ray, with more content(I think extra commentaries among them). I wonder how many times they think we are gonna double dip? lol

It also comes with a Zombie mask :gossip:

i tivo'd the first episode, but the reviews have been so horrible i haven't even bothered to watch yet. not sure if i want to now.

Don't pay so much attention to the reviews whether good or bad. Watch it and judge for yourself. The show rocks IMO. ;)

For all the critics of the show I think you need to go and watch a few cheesy adaptations. How can any fan of the comic not be impressed by this show? With all the corners that could have been cut and weren't. Whether you want it to follow the comic more closely or less it is a great attempt.

I get excited with the opening credits!

i tivo'd the first episode, but the reviews have been so horrible i haven't even bothered to watch yet. not sure if i want to now.

Don't pay so much attention to the reviews whether good or bad. Watch it and judge for yourself. The show rocks IMO. ;)

This!

Even my wife likes it, and she's not at all into zombie movies.