• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

...so how was it...gonna have to wait a couple wks before i watch it!

It followed the story well. I expected more for being a season premiere, but that is because the climax of the episode was already spoiled by fans who read the books. I'm starting not to mind the deviations that were put in. Makes it a little more original.

It followed the story well. I expected more for being a season premiere, but that is because the climax of the episode was already spoiled by fans who read the books. I'm starting not to mind the deviations that were put in. Makes it a little more original.

But if you were like me, when they saw the deer, I was waiting for Shane to point his gun at Rick and then Carl stop him. I thought that was why, plot wise, they let Carl go with the two guys.

But if you were like me, when they saw the deer, I was waiting for Shane to point his gun at Rick and then Carl stop him. I thought that was why, plot wise, they let Carl go with the two guys.

If they follow the plot of the books too closely, the show is going to be really boring to me. If I was Kirkman, I would take the opportunity of the TV show to do some things differently and try some things that may work better for TV as opposed to a comic book.

It's sort of a "what-if" kinda take and that makes it more exciting to me to not know how the entire story plays out.

If they follow the plot of the books too closely, the show is going to be really boring to me. If I was Kirkman, I would take the opportunity of the TV show to do some things differently and try some things that may work better for TV as opposed to a comic book.

It's sort of a "what-if" kinda take and that makes it more exciting to me to not know how the entire story plays out.

I believe Kirkman addressed this very thing in the SDCC 2010 Walking Dead forum.

+1

If you didn't see the episode yet, skip the spoiler tag.

The themes and main ideas are still the same. Carl getting shot by Ottis was the event that gets them to Herschel's farm. Plus, it was the reason they were allowed to stay in the comic. So they are still progressing the same way.

I think s-man was only remembering issue #6, not expecting the events from issue's #9 and #10. I think ending Shane's character now would be a waste, so I was totally expecting Carl to get shot by Ottis. Shane is here to stay for awhile. If he wasn't they would have killed him the same way they did in the comic at the end of last season. (shrug)

Just my two cents.

In the comic Rick seemed more assured of himself than the television Rick at this time. Too at this point, Carl looks like a pre-teen versus the elementary school aged kid in the comic. I liked the roaming portion on the highway, felt really slow toward the end with the endless monologue in the church.

I believe Kirkman addressed this very thing in the SDCC 2010 Walking Dead forum.

That makes me even more excited for this season. :banana: The previews for the next episode look really cool for just this reason. I kinda know what's coming but not really. :banana:

+1

If you didn't see the episode yet, skip the spoiler tag.

The themes and main ideas are still the same. Carl getting shot by Ottis was the event that gets them to Herschel's farm. Plus, it was the reason they were allowed to stay in the comic. So they are still progressing the same way.

I think s-man was only remembering issue #6, not expecting the events from issue's #9 and #10. I think ending Shane's character now would be a waste, so I was totally expecting Carl to get shot by Ottis. Shane is here to stay for awhile. If he wasn't they would have killed him the same way they did in the comic at the end of last season. (shrug)

I think Shane will be around a lot longer too. I like the actor and I think he does a good job. I think what they are doing with Andrea is interesting as well. I don't see her hooking up with Dale but maybe Shane...

So what the F ever happened to Merle????????????????? Is that something that gets tied up or explained with the new episode? Have not seen it yet but will today.

:taptaptap:

What's the fun in spoiling it for you...

Watch the episode. :ohnoez:

So what the F ever happened to Merle????????????????? Is that something that gets tied up or explained with the new episode? Have not seen it yet but will today.

:taptaptap:

What's the fun in spoiling it for you...

Watch the episode. :ohnoez:

So it is something that is addressed in this episode? Nope did not click on the spoiler tag, just wondered.