• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So I haven't read all through the thread but does everyone else think that it's going to be Merle who does any hand cutting, rather than the Governor? Seems like Merle is getting more of the evil side of the Gov from the comics so far, while the Governor really doesn't give me that feeling. Plus, revenge, ya know?

So I haven't read all through the thread but does everyone else think that it's going to be Merle who does any hand cutting, rather than the Governor? Seems like Merle is getting more of the evil side of the Gov from the comics so far, while the Governor really doesn't give me that feeling. Plus, revenge, ya know?

No one's cutting off Rick's hand. It's not going to happen if Kirkman has anything to do with it. He's admitted it was a mistake that has limited and constrained him without benefit since he did it, and that he would not do it again if he had the chance.

No one's cutting off Rick's hand. It's not going to happen if Kirkman has anything to do with it. He's admitted it was a mistake that has limited and constrained him without benefit since he did it, and that he would not do it again if he had the chance.

Which is why it was a great move.

The guys at TWD Fan Club have apparently posted a huge spoiler for episode 8.

DO NOT FOLLOW THE LINK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO RUIN NEXT WEEK.

I am not fudging touching that spoiler tag. :ohnoez:

it's so tempting...

I had last year's mid-season finale ruined for me, without having a choice of a spoiler tag, and it happened right here in this very thread.

So, trust me, you'll feel empty, dirty, and betrayed in the morning.

it's so tempting...

I had last year's mid-season finale ruined for me, without having a choice of a spoiler tag, and it happened right here in this very thread.

So, trust me, you'll feel empty, dirty, and betrayed in the morning.

I am going to go sit in the corner rolled up in a ball in the shower now.

Any one else think...

Merle is simply cast in the Governor's "icky" moments from the comic? This lets the current Gov be a little more likable and open for redemption. Maybe he joins the group?

Edited by pkveronese

If you go to the original SW trilogy there's NOTHING to indicate that Vader is anything other than a heavy. He doesn't exhibit the least bit of humanity or caring until that last desperate act. All we have are a few words from Obi Wan about who he was.

Oh! Oh! I can think of one particular moment where Vader seemed to show at least a smidgen of humanity!

Can you guess what it was? :)

I have been trying to think of something in the original trilogy...not seeing it. hm

The moment I'm thinking of is in EMPIRE right after Vader gives the order to lower Han into the carbon-freezing unit.

Chewie starts to go crazy and Boba Fett raises his blaster to shoot him. Vader slams Fett's blaster back down.

(And of course it's followed up with Fett turning to give Vader a "What the hell is *your* problem?!" look.)

If you go to the original SW trilogy there's NOTHING to indicate that Vader is anything other than a heavy. He doesn't exhibit the least bit of humanity or caring until that last desperate act. All we have are a few words from Obi Wan about who he was.

Oh! Oh! I can think of one particular moment where Vader seemed to show at least a smidgen of humanity!

Can you guess what it was? :)

I have been trying to think of something in the original trilogy...not seeing it. hm

The moment I'm thinking of is in EMPIRE right after Vader gives the order to lower Han into the carbon-freezing unit.

Chewie starts to go crazy and Boba Fett raises his blaster to shoot him. Vader slams Fett's blaster back down.

(And of course it's followed up with Fett turning to give Vader a "What the hell is *your* problem?!" look.)

I thought he wanted his bargaining chips to lure Skywalker to cloud city to stay undamaged until he could spring the trap.