• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I think it would ebay for six easy?

Most likely it would. You would just have to really disclose whatever all those white spots on the cover were, and be prepared to accept a return.

I like how the guy said a CGC 9.8 sold for 10 grand. Nothing like screwing up the facts.

lol I know, but some people honestly have no clue that 9.8 vs 9.9 is even an issue.

And I disagree with some of you guys. The Governor has definitely upped his A-hole quotient as of late. Lots of things have been patterned on his character straight from the book.

Also, all the people asking for a more rapey Gov? You're unsettling me. I know you mean it within the context of the comic, but just take a step back and hear what you're saying....

And I disagree with some of you guys. The Governor has definitely upped his A-hole quotient as of late. Lots of things have been patterned on his character straight from the book.

Also, all the people asking for a more rapey Gov? You're unsettling me. I know you mean it within the context of the comic, but just take a step back and hear what you're saying....

I don't think anyone wants to see it because it is a rape scene (or maybe some do, who knows), but it was a pivotal moment for michonne as a character in the book. Considering the writers seem as if they really don't know how to write for the character and this would, in fact open up insight to her character. What they could do would be a flashback sequence throughout an episode explaining tv michonne, switching between preset and past for a full episode would work.

Or it's because some want something translated into the show from the book since it is moving away from the source material.

Good episode though I don't find Michonne's motivation to confront the governor as compelling as it could've been and gov is total wuss and yes Andrea totally dfw in this show.

Yeah, I agree. I really don't understand why Michonne hates the Governor so much (it's obvious why in the comics) they never really setup her motivation for going out of her way and then sitting and waiting to kill him.

Andrea as Martinez?

It's Merle. Gov wanted Darryl to be turned to help his brother and be the inside man at the prison. That was before the attack on Woodbury.

Now that they have Darryl, the Gov. can set it up so that it looks like Merle saves Darryl and they escape together back to the prison.

Then Darryl vouches for Merle, gets him inside the prison, recons the place and goes back to the Gov.

Or that's at least a possible plot line.

Very possible. I was basing it on the preview for next season. It showed Andrea going back to the prison and it shows Daryl walking away in a cloud of smoke... We haven't seen Rick and co. go back yet...He may have some grenades left that he throws into that group to get Daryl back to the prison with them.

I am hoping they redeem Andrea's character. Right now, at this moment, she bears no resemblance to Andrea from the books other than her name.

None. None at all.

Help me out here guys, how is Andrea in the comics? Other than the excellent marksman, what do you see in the comics that makes her different than the show?

And while you are at it list all of her lovers from the comics.

Good episode though I don't find Michonne's motivation to confront the governor as compelling as it could've been and gov is total wuss and yes Andrea totally dfw in this show.

Yeah, I agree. I really don't understand why Michonne hates the Governor so much (it's obvious why in the comics) they never really setup her motivation for going out of her way and then sitting and waiting to kill him.

because she knows he's not telling the truth and can sense there's an unspoken evilness to him. and again, some of you are forgetting the backlash kirkman received for raping michonne in the comics. maybe amc might have a rule against rape in a show, but i think it has more to do with kirkman not wanting to go thru that again 100 fold.

Andrea as Martinez?

It's Merle. Gov wanted Darryl to be turned to help his brother and be the inside man at the prison. That was before the attack on Woodbury.

Now that they have Darryl, the Gov. can set it up so that it looks like Merle saves Darryl and they escape together back to the prison.

Then Darryl vouches for Merle, gets him inside the prison, recons the place and goes back to the Gov.

Very possible. I was basing it on the preview for next season. It showed Andrea going back to the prison and it shows Daryl walking away in a cloud of smoke... We haven't seen Rick and co. go back yet...He may have some grenades left that he throws into that group to get Daryl back to the prison with them.

I am hoping they redeem Andrea's character. Right now, at this moment, she bears no resemblance to Andrea from the books other than her name.

None. None at all.

Help me out here guys, how is Andrea in the comics? Other than the excellent marksman, what do you see in the comics that makes her different than the show?

She's way too easily influenced by men...Shane last season and Gov this season. Of course in the comic she was living On Golden Pond for so many issues with Dale so who's to say I guess?

Perhaps because he sent four men after her to hunt her down and kill her?

Michonne had an opportunity to kill the Gov when they were fighting and instead she tries to choke him with the sword? :boo:

It wasn't the sword. It was the sheath for the sword.

Because in the comic he was pure evil without reservation. Not so much in the show.

Merle is more the Governor in the show. If Governor was what Merle is, I'd be singing his praise.

I'm not getting my jollies off on a rape scene by any means. At this point Governor is going to have to do something this evil and heartless to completely get him away from the pansy-assed character he is on the TV show.

More Gov, less love. :sumo:

Michonne had an opportunity to kill the Gov when they were fighting and instead she tries to choke him with the sword? :boo:

It wasn't the sword. It was the sheath for the sword.

Ahhhh! (thumbs u

I don't see Merle being a "spy" for the Governor at this point. Now Merle may try to do this on his own to redeem himself but there is no way in hell the Governor set him up to be that.

Think about it, Merle outright lied to him about Michonne when he said they killed her, had both her head and Katana but lost them. Then she shows up out of nowhere, takes out Penny before his eyes and then takes out one of those eyes. The look in his eye when Merle first came up to him was the look of wanting to murder him right there. Sorry but no way is Merle still on the Governor's side in his mind.

Good points! I had forgotten about Merle lying to the Governor about killing Michonne.

Because in the comic he was pure evil without reservation. Not so much in the show.

Merle is more the Governor in the show. If Governor was what Merle is, I'd be singing his praise.

I'm not getting my jollies off on a rape scene by any means. At this point Governor is going to have to do something this evil and heartless to completely get him away from the pansy-assed character he is on the TV show.

The writers are developing him more as a cult leader than an outward evil character.

Andrea as Martinez?

None. None at all.

She's way too easily influenced by men...Shane last season and Gov this season. Of course in the comic she was living On Golden Pond for so many issues with Dale so who's to say I guess?

Yes. She is to easily influenced by men. In the comics she ends up in a relationship with...Dale??? A mini relationship that didn't really go anywhere with Spencer and then later Rick.

She hooked up with Dale first because he could provide shelter in his RV ( she admitted this in the comics ) and later because of his moral standing.

She and Spencer took awhile to get going mostly because Dale had just died so it never got the chance to go beyond a slow beginning. But why hook up with Spencer? He makes advances, she starts to see a guy that can provide a better standing ( he is the son of Douglas who is the leader of this new community...puts her in a better position in the society if she hooks up with this guy )

She hooks up with Rick because of his leadership qualities. It is also a lack of other options. Andrea needs a man in her life and seemingly she will latch on to any man that exhibits some quality she needs in her life and this behavior is the same in the comics and the TV show.

Yes. She is to easily influenced by men. In the comics she ends up in a relationship with...Dale??? A mini relationship that didn't really go anywhere with Spencer and then later

Rick.

She hooked up with Dale first because he could provide shelter in his RV ( she admitted this in the comics ) and later because of his moral standing.

She and Spencer took awhile to get going mostly because Dale had just died so it never got the chance to go beyond a slow beginning.

She hooks up with Rick because of his leadership qualities. It is also a lack of other options. Andrea needs a man in her life and seemingly she will latch on to any man that exhibits some quality she needs in her life and this behavior is the same in the comics and the TV show.

Is it really too much to ask for book spoilers in this thread?

The writers are developing him more as a cult leader than an outward evil character.

So basically they've taken two of the greatest pieces of the comic story, Michonne and Governor, and eliminated all the things in both characters that made them so great.

I'm enjoying the TV show, but I'm ready for Michonne and the Governor to show up.

At this point, I'm ok with both characters being killed off at the end of this season.

They're both facepalms. :facepalm::facepalm: