• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So after the governor shot his own people and left where did they go?

Rick easily evaced all of the woodburry citizens, AFTER the Gov gunned down his own.

No one is talking about this.

What's to talk about? He couldn't go back, there was nothing to go back to or for.

Jim

Exactly....he had all the weapons with him...left all the elderly and children back at Woodbury. How can he go back and tell those people everyone is dead?

I'm not sure why people think there was no cliffhanger this season....

What will happen to Rick and the group at the prison with all those new people? Will they try to take over Woodbury? What will happen with the Gov, Martinez and the other guy (I forgot his name)?

By the way, Maggie in the Riot suit was hot. :cloud9:

So after the governor shot his own people and left where did they go?

Rick easily evaced all of the woodburry citizens, AFTER the Gov gunned down his own.

No one is talking about this.

What's to talk about? He couldn't go back, there was nothing to go back to or for.

Jim

By the way, Maggie in the Riot suit was hot. :cloud9:

You can get a glimpse of how she looks pregnant on last weeks L & O: SVU. She played a rape victim who got pregnant from the rape.

This post was written in another thread, but I thought it was really good to repost here.

I think Kirkman and AMC are making a miscalculation in moving the show along so slowly. I like that Kirkman is getting to work the comics, making changes while maintaining the general plot line. But aThe slow timing has me worried. Wat I mean is that even a hit series like this will end up with a limited lifespan in the nations interest. I honk instead of milking the storyline, they should be going balls out . Moving through the comics faster... Moving BEYOND the comics too. Kirkman hasn't told us squat about the rest of the world yet. I'd love for the TV show to introduce more of that.

I'd like for them to have finished the Governor story already. And move on. Just keep moving. Because if they don't, the show will lose steam in a few years, and we'll still be on issue 60 something when it's cancelled. Or Kirkman will get a final show date and rush to finish it off.

IMO Kirkman has his most important year of his TV career coming up in season 4. I am hearing from many people how they are losing interest in the show do to a lot of filler episodes. Season 4 needs to be balls to the wall or I feel the show will really start to dwindle.

I am not saying the show needs to be mindless action scene after another, but Aman619 I think is very accurate in his opinion.

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

How can you "know" people are losing interest when the season finale was the highest rated show in its own history!?

Didn't know if the sentence should end in an exclaimation point or question mark so I used both :lol:

Edited by stitchem05

lol SOT

we know you dont like the show!

No, the only episode I thought was a total POS was the last episode (finale).

Check the thread I gave the directors, actors, and Kirkman massive props for the previous 3 episodes. :baiting:

I want to like the show, but just because I love the comic book (mostly 1-48) I just can't drink the kool-aide for the show just because it is a comic book series I enjoyed.

There is no mistaking the series has had at least 25% filler episodes.

Most shows completely suck starting at season 4. I never heard such criticism of the show till now from the many people I talked water cooler with about the show. Some are comic book fans while others first heard of Walking Dead because of the show so I get a lot of different perspectives.

I am not being negative as much I am just be honest.

Hopefully season 4 will be epic because it needs to be if Kirkman wants to continue on TV.

Mark my words this season will make or break the show.

Broads love the show and particularly Daryl and Rick.

they wont stop watching

My old roommate likes the Govenor. lol

lol SOT

Check the thread I gave the directors, actors, and Kirkman massive props for the previous 3 episodes. :baiting:

I want to like the show, but just because I love the comic book (mostly 1-48) I just can't drink the kool-aide for the show just because it is a comic book series I enjoyed.

Most shows completely suck starting at season 4. I never heard such criticism of the show till now from the many people I talked water cooler with about the show. Some are comic book fans while others first heard of Walking Dead because of the show so I get a lot of different perspectives.

Hopefully season 4 will be epic because it needs to be if Kirkman wants to continue on TV.

Lets see...record breaking viewing the whole season and you are predicting the demise of the show? lol

I bet you the opening show of season 4 is another amazing viewership.

lol SOT

Lets see...record breaking viewing the whole season and you are predicting the demise of the show? lol

I bet you the opening show of season 4 is another amazing viewership.

You do realize that hype makes money right.

I was really excited about season 3, so were many people. However when hype doesn't live up what do you think will happen in the future?

I bet you like most shows season 4 brings in a decline.

Kirkman however has a chance to turn it around since he has yet to dazzle us with any of the seasons. Meaning he could in theory brings us his greatest season if he gives us more of what made the comic book series so amazing.

Just my opinion.....

Broads love the show and particularly Daryl and Rick.

they wont stop watching

Maybe, after the latest controversy that has been kicked up.

The Walking Dead Creator: Women Are ‘Generally Physically Weaker. That’s Science’

If you've ever had an issue with some of the women's characters on AMC's The Walking Dead — the root of the problem might be in the source material. Robert Kirkman, the creator of the comics, definitely has some... issues... with women.

http://jezebel.com/5993704/the-walking-dead-creator-women-are-generally-physically-weaker-thats-science

This post was written in another thread, but I thought it was really good to repost here.

I think Kirkman and AMC are making a miscalculation in moving the show along so slowly. I like that Kirkman is getting to work the comics, making changes while maintaining the general plot line. But aThe slow timing has me worried. Wat I mean is that even a hit series like this will end up with a limited lifespan in the nations interest. I honk instead of milking the storyline, they should be going balls out . Moving through the comics faster... Moving BEYOND the comics too. Kirkman hasn't told us squat about the rest of the world yet. I'd love for the TV show to introduce more of that.

I'd like for them to have finished the Governor story already. And move on. Just keep moving. Because if they don't, the show will lose steam in a few years, and we'll still be on issue 60 something when it's cancelled. Or Kirkman will get a final show date and rush to finish it off.

IMO Kirkman has his most important year of his TV career coming up in season 4. I am hearing from many people how they are losing interest in the show do to a lot of filler episodes. Season 4 needs to be balls to the wall or I feel the show will really start to dwindle.

I am not saying the show needs to be mindless action scene after another, but Aman619 I think is very accurate in his opinion.

Well, not really.

The average lifespan of a new show is less than 1 season.

This one is rolling, with its highest ratings ever, into a 4th season.

It's the highest rated show on TV with the most important demographic in regards to advertising.

It is in so much the opposite of trouble it's hard to quantify.

It's not dwindling, shrinking, losing viewers, or sliding downhill in any measurable metric that would be a portent of it NOT being on for 5 seasons minimum. Why is 5 seasons an important number. 5 seasons is the minimum amount for a show to be sold into syndication. It's the equivalent of a Norse warrior battling long enough and hard enough so that when he leaves this earth he still lives forever.

If the show "loses steam" in a few years, it will be past season 7 or 8, with several seasons as the #1 drama on TV in several categories, which would make it one of the most successful dramas of the last 2 decades.

It's narrow-minded, and frankly missing the point of what they are trying to accomplish with this show, to define it in such narrow terms ("we won't get past issue 60"). How can anyone not realize that these are the same characters in name, but that the TV story is its own universe?

:gossip: The show's already "made" it.

If season 4 loses 1/2 it's viewers it would still be one of the most highly rated shows on cable. There's no sign it will lose any viewers given the constant rise in viewership.

I could see raising red flags if there was some metric that backed it up. There just aren't any yet.

Everyone should be wary of people saying the show is now. A lot of people like to like things that they think makes them different and then as soon as something becomes a juggernaut and ubiquitous and highly successful they begin the turnabout into how much it "sucks."

I, for one, "get" what they are doing with this show and realize that there's no such thing as "filler" when the growth of characters, relationships, and back stories are integral and critical to creating effective drama.

Didnt like the season finale? Call the Whambulance.

The show isn't going anywhere any time soon.

People who are saying the show is mess or that it's becoming a "weak show" are probably the ones that complained in the beginning about Daryl and the different plot twists.

"Hey he's not in the book, why is he in the show, or that didn't happen in the book. blah blah blah"

Talking ish on the show that you still watch?!? oh ok :popcorn: