• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I liked the last episode but thought it was a bit odd they didn't show Rick or anything at the prison. A little back and forth would have broken it up.

I was also thinking to myself that the Gov was coming across way too nice. But, I knew it was only because he's a psycho who wants that little girl to himself.

They better not pussify him though...I want to hate the guy and last night didn't help.

I liked the last episode but thought it was a bit odd they didn't show Rick or anything at the prison. A little back and forth would have broken it up.

I was also thinking to myself that the Gov was coming across way too nice. But, I knew it was only because he's a psycho who wants that little girl to himself.

They better not pussify him though...I want to hate the guy and last night didn't help.

I think the more depth you add to the Governor, the better. He's a really dynamic actor, and I'm so glad they're letting him out of the cage a little. The idea of limiting him to this barbaric nutjob wouldn't work on TV. I love this tension. Really do.

I think the more depth you add to the Governor, the better. He's a really dynamic actor, and I'm so glad they're letting him out of the cage a little. The idea of limiting him to this barbaric nutjob wouldn't work on TV. I love this tension. Really do.

+1. Actually like this direction. I thought last year was a fiasco with this character. I'm more optimistic now

+1. Actually like this direction. I thought last year was a fiasco with this character. I'm more optimistic now

The failings of Glenn Mazzara are made clearer every week.

Totally agree. There are liberties that can be taken in the comic that don't translate well to TV. Not to say I want the Gov to move away from his role as an antagonist. However, I think showing a more human side to him is very realistic.....considering how much he "cared" about his daughter.

OT - I think AMC (or the writers of the show) dropped the ball a bit over the last few seasons. I would have liked to have seen a few episodes (person) of life outside the Rick "clan". In the first season, this show was all about portraying a realistic environment of the living existing with the walking dead. Although a highly improbable scenario, I thought it brilliant and entertaining when Rick's group went to the CDC and found out a little something about the infection. I think for me, as a viewer of this show, it is human nature to want to know or understand why/how something like this could happen. It would have been interesting if AMC devoted a few episodes to the scientists or "talking heads" who had more information about the disease. I get that this show is not World War Z. That it's focus is about a particular group of individuals trying to survive this apocalypse. I just think a new or fresh perspective every now and then would liven things up.

Curious - does anyone know how much time has passed since the zombie apocalypse stared?

Meck

Yes, the best villains are the ones that you catch yourself starting to like right before they remind you how evil they are, then you hate yourself a little.

Some of the best dramas on TV humanize their villains to the point where you catch yourself rooting for them: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, etc.

Yes, the best villains are the ones that you catch yourself starting to like right before they remind you how evil they are, then you hate yourself a little.

Some of the best dramas on TV humanize their villains to the point where you catch yourself rooting for them: Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, etc.

The shield.

The shield.

Exactly.

Don't forget Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell of Prison Break. A villain to the end, but his emotions over the death of his cousin and his love for his "girlfriend" humanized him.

Brad Bellick was also sweet, but he eventually turned into a hero.