• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I mean, they obviously want to trap humans for consumption right? But if survivors have been wandering post-apocalyptic America, who knows what they'd be eating. And you wouldn't want them to be skinny/emaciated or sick. You'd want those wanderers to be well-nourished, right? :fear:

Don't eat the food!!! :ohnoez:

:o

And looking at the above picture and thinking about that episode with Daryl and Beth in the house stockpiled with food. That has to be set up by the folks at Terminus - cannibals. And they stockpile it with food to fatten up the "livestock". :eek:

Beth is a goner.

I like this theory. I was originally thinking it was set up by an outside party, but not terminus. I was thinking it was set up by the Alexandria (or wherever they live on the TV show) surveyors to examine potential residents. Your theory makes more sense based on the clips we've seen, though.

No, it makes no sense once you factor in the embalming hobby going on in the basement and the car being a funeral limo. The Beth-napper is not part of terminus. Beth-napper is going to turn out to be a lonely mortician, not part a cannibal cabal.

:makepoint:

And looking at the above picture and thinking about that episode with Daryl and Beth in the house stockpiled with food. That has to be set up by the folks at Terminus - cannibals. And they stockpile it with food to fatten up the "livestock". :eek:

Beth is a goner.

I like this theory. I was originally thinking it was set up by an outside party, but not terminus. I was thinking it was set up by the Alexandria (or wherever they live on the TV show) surveyors to examine potential residents. Your theory makes more sense based on the clips we've seen, though.

No, it makes no sense once you factor in the embalming hobby going on in the basement and the car being a funeral limo. The Beth-napper is not part of terminus. Beth-napper is going to turn out to be a lonely mortician, not part a cannibal cabal.

Maybe, but I was thinking this isn't the only house/trap that's set up. The person who grabbed Beth may have been doing their rounds to check on houses/traps. The funeral home part doesn't matter. Sure it was a funeral home in the past, but now it's a house with food to fatten up cattle/dinner.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Beth is a goner.

Maybe, but I was thinking this isn't the only house/trap that's set up. The person who grabbed Beth may have been doing their rounds to check on houses/traps. The funeral home part doesn't matter. Sure it was a funeral home in the past, but now it's a house with food to fatten up cattle/dinner.

Your Hansel and Gretel go to the cottage made out of gingerbread and get grabbed by the cannibal/witch scenario just sounds wrong to me. Why have bait houses at all? They've got the signs, they broadcast on the radio. Bait houses too?

Why show partially embalmed walkers in the mortuary basement? Why have the car that takes Beth be a funeral limo? If Beth's food, why isn't Daryl? If it's a big plan to lure people to well-stocked homes and then take them somewhere else and eat them, why the snatch and grab? Why not wait until they were asleep and simply take both of them? To me, the clues all point to Terminus being Terminus, and the Beth-napper being something different, someone alone, someone who came back from scrounging to find Goldilocks in his bed so to speak. My take on it is that it's a lonely mortician and the one-eyed dog is his sole companion.

You guys have some serious delusional ideas regarding livestock. It would take weeks (or months) of stuffed cupboards for the food to actually affect the weight of anyone who stumbles in there. And why waste the food when they have to resort to eating people? You think the cannibalism is a popular choice? It is obviously either a stash to make them feel comfortable staying there (so they can be observed or snatched) or simply someone's stash that was left behind.

Finale Predictions:

1. There is no way they will leave the Beth story hanging til next Season. The driver of the vehicle with the cross on the rear window may be Gareth, who will be partially inspired by Gabriel. Agreed. Beth is already dead. That'll be how it's revealed that Terminus is filled with Cannibals. Someone will find an article of clothing or something identifiable as Beth's and put two and two together. This in turn will also result in Daryl losing his.

2. Whether cannibalism is part of Terminus and/or the Hunters, one or more people from the main group will be eaten. My money is on Bob. Good guess on Bob. They've been playing him up and somewhat focusing on him in episodes so maybe it'll be a bigger impact when he dies. Same with Tyrese OR Carol. One or the other. Not both.

3. Rick is going to kill someone and not regret it. Something really traumatizing is going to happen. That's obvious. But when you read that article posted earlier, it seems that RIck is going to change and viewers will be shocked at "what he is capable of." He is going to snap and brutally kill someone. Not just gun.

4. Tyrese and Carol's arrival will help in a big way… or they will become cannibal meat as well. See #2. One of them will die. I don't see both.

5. I'm very concerned that the thing that is going to push Rick over the edge is something with Judith and why Carl is being held back in that preview. I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason, don't think I am.

KILL THE KID. SHES A DISTRACTION.

New to this section but have been following it for the past few days. Hi everyone. :hi:

I really do agree with your #5 but slightly different: Contains TWD comic spoliers around issue 40-60??

In the comic after Rick and Carl meet Abe they run into a group that tries to rob and even rape Carl. Rick goes nuts kills the guy very violently which leads to him reflecting with Abe on how much they have changed. In the comic Adlard draws Rick like a crazy beast (can't find a pic), I think this killing is what is going to be shown from that New Zeland trailer we saw with Carl looking at Rick.

Finale Predictions:

1. There is no way they will leave the Beth story hanging til next Season. The driver of the vehicle with the cross on the rear window may be Gareth, who will be partially inspired by Gabriel. Agreed. Beth is already dead. That'll be how it's revealed that Terminus is filled with Cannibals. Someone will find an article of clothing or something identifiable as Beth's and put two and two together. This in turn will also result in Daryl losing his.

2. Whether cannibalism is part of Terminus and/or the Hunters, one or more people from the main group will be eaten. My money is on Bob. Good guess on Bob. They've been playing him up and somewhat focusing on him in episodes so maybe it'll be a bigger impact when he dies. Same with Tyrese OR Carol. One or the other. Not both.

3. Rick is going to kill someone and not regret it. Something really traumatizing is going to happen. That's obvious. But when you read that article posted earlier, it seems that RIck is going to change and viewers will be shocked at "what he is capable of." He is going to snap and brutally kill someone. Not just gun.

4. Tyrese and Carol's arrival will help in a big way… or they will become cannibal meat as well. See #2. One of them will die. I don't see both.

5. I'm very concerned that the thing that is going to push Rick over the edge is something with Judith and why Carl is being held back in that preview. I hope I'm wrong, but for some reason, don't think I am.

New to this section but have been following it for the past few days. Hi everyone. :hi:

I really do agree with your #5 but slightly different: Contains TWD comic spoliers around issue 40-60??

In the comic after Rick and Carl meet Abe they run into a group that tries to rob and even rape Carl. Rick goes nuts kills the guy very violently which leads to him reflecting with Abe on how much they have changed. In the comic Adlard draws Rick like a crazy beast (can't find a pic), I think this killing is what is going to be shown from that New Zeland trailer we saw with Carl looking at Rick.

That brings back some great memories. WTTB and great first few posts!

Finale Predictions:

That brings back some great memories. WTTB and great first few posts!

Totally agree. I love the WD. :cloud9: WTTB

That's the intent. They want you to like Beth. They want you to like Bob. They want you like Carol or Bob. That way when they die horrifically and tragically, it's even more shocking. :o

If they killed second rate, unimportant characters, viewers might have a sense of :whatev:

Either way - I can't wait to see how it's going to unfold after all of the predictions and speculation. :popcorn:

Spoilers on who I read saw die.

Beth and Daryl bite it from what I have seen and heard. There are pics of Beth getting her throat slit out there now and the trackers kill Daryl as they find out he is part of the group.

Edited by BrianR

Beth and Daryl bite it from what I have seen and heard. There are pics of Beth getting her throat slit out there now and the trackers kill Daryl as they find out he is part of the group.

I refuse to believe this; well the last part... :cry:

The Beth pic is from The Following. It is NOT from the Season Finale. On the other part, I've been wanting this to happen for a while so it would be fine by me.